Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 perfect bow for me .. NEED HELP!? >

perfect bow for me .. NEED HELP!?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

perfect bow for me .. NEED HELP!?

Old 03-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default perfect bow for me .. NEED HELP!?

Well 2 years ago i did bowhunting and let me tell you it was pretty fun trying to get close . i shot a partridge with the bow and thats it . well anyway im 16 years old and 6'2 and i think my draw is 30 inchs and i need a bow and all the equiment to get going. i want to get a nice bow thats gonna last me also . and say i have around 500-1000 to spend on a new bow. Oh yea im always shooting at small game to and live in upstate ny .. i can pull 60lbs like its nothing so what would be my best bet ?
Thanks Buckmastr

ps no bow shops around here i can go ask to help me out
Old 03-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: somewhat of a begginer needs a bow?

My very first kill with a bow was a grouse,, was out hunting one evening walking up a small creek and there it was on a log, took aim about twenty yards and nailed it dead center, i was so pumped i proceeded to walk to my friends stand about 3/4 of a mile through deadfall and all, halfway there i jumped bedded elk well they spooked big time crashing and smashing and making all kinds of mayhem,,seems strange it has always been when i come across birds/grouse that i least expect running into big game.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:02 PM

Interesting story but it dont really answer his question....anyways.
With that much money tp spend you could get a Really nice bow like a bowtech or i see a lot of people shooting hoyt and mathews. Jennings and buckmasters are bows that not many people shoot but I got my hands on a couple different models of both at the state comp last weekend and they are sweet bows especially the new jennings, they are good lookers and smooth drawers. But if you want to save money The 05 bowtech tomkat package has everything you need except for arrows and a release for only 450. Hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

And visit www.huntersfriend.com for a lot of info on bows. And do yourself and your shoulders a favor. If you can draw 60# easily then keep it that way. 60# will kill anything in North America except your shoulders 20 years from now. With up to $1000 to spend you have a lot of choices. Personally I'd spend a little less ona bow and more on good accessories, like a sight and quiver, stabilizer. And very good arrows. Arrows are overlloked a lot. The bow, no matter which, only launches the arrow at a certain speed. What the arrow does after it leaves the bow is what's important.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:58 AM

Default RE: perfect bow for me .. NEED HELP!?

If i had up to 1000 bucks to spend on a bow i would take ahard look at the Diamond Solitaire.(see MAtt/Pa's thread in technical for more info.)Then i would spend the rest on great accessories and straight arrows