Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 please tell me just one negative to crossbows >

please tell me just one negative to crossbows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

please tell me just one negative to crossbows

Old 04-07-2005, 04:20 PM

Default RE: please tell me just one negative to crossbows

Crash
Old 04-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

BOWFANATIC - I'm sorry I didn't answer to your stisfaction. How about this - we take surveys of AR, OH and GA archery hunters over the next 3 years. Lets say the results are 5% trad hunters, 70% compound hunters and 25% crossbow hunters, we'll divy up the archery season accordingly, allowing trad hunters to hunt the most, crossbows having the next longest archery season and compounders the fewest archery days.

Thoughts ?
My thoughts? You should enter politics in the democratic race. You dont answer direct questions. You hop , skip , jump around , and reply with another question.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another thread perhaps I will say this - one season will see most trad hunters still shooting their trad bows, most compounders going back to guns and almost all crossbowers going back to guns. Thats a true
Without a doubt , the most idiotic thing I've read here so far!!!!!

Your trying to say the majority of compound hunters would just use a gun if there were just one season for all weapons? I wonder if your arrogance and elitism is finally sinking in to everyone else here yet. It also makes me wonder where exactly you fall into this whole equation? Your such a great shot with your recurve but yet you say you used a compound to shoot your buck last year????Stay in your beloved trad forum if your gonna come here to piss on compound hunters!
Old 04-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bigj, thats the only thing I have agreed with you on. Take another 100 pages if you want and blow smoke but your still not a bowhunter using an x-bow. I would say that to your face, your a crossbower, totally two different idenities. Its like talking too a child, good day. Bobby
P.S. I know I said I wouldn't repley anymore but I think you guys are just hilliriaus tring to justify that it should be in the same season and you call yourself a bowhunter. I can not tell you how many times in the 35 years of bow hunting that I have done how many times I have been busted while drawing back or having to hold at full draw beyond my capabilities and having too let up. With the crossbowbow you point and shoot, just like a shot gun, and as I said before, Don't call yourself a bowhunter. Take another 100 pages and try again. By the way I am shooting a Kodiak Hunter and a black widow recurve as well as an TRX.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have said exactly that - dozens of time. Seems no one wants to call me on my "elitist" views though ???
Really?? Nobody?
Old 04-07-2005, 04:40 PM

BIG
QUOTE: "Hell I'm doing the same thing yet no one has said I'm against compounds? because I'm not!"

Sounds like you just like to argue.

BIG
QUOTE: "I love my compound with all of it's bells and whistles and I know it's far far removed from how a true bow should be. Thats why I can accept crossbows because I would be a hypocrite if I didn't."

What do you mean "bells and whistles"? sounds kind of silly.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:45 PM

Test post.....Are we up again?
Old 04-07-2005, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

I have said exactly that - dozens of time. Seems no one wants to call me on my "elitist" views though ???
Really?? Nobody?
Thanks Bowfanatic - maybe he'll listen to another life member since us fawns are not worthy of consideration
Old 04-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree Data may go about it in a different way than I do, but that dosen't mean he is anti-compound, if he was he wouldn't have hunted with one last year.
Ahhh , the plot starts to come together. Did he really just sell out and grab the compound?? Was it a bunch of B.S. so he can say "hey I used a compound , I have nothing against them"???

I think I'll take the time to go through every stinkin page and quote every single shot he's taken at compounds and compound hunters , then ya'll will see the light!!!
Ohh , he'll say it's just to make his point. But he's been doing it (trashin compounds) in different ways , every chance he gets , as long as I can remember!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:03 PM

You know of the Elitist views some trad archers have. Why ? Why do they feel that its the trad way or no way at all ? I can tell you why because I shoot trad and I KNOW why. Compounders take the easy way out using their tricked out high techy bowthingy's - they don't want to put the time and effort into learning the REAL side of archery. I know this - but I don't cop that attitude in truth. Why ? Because without the compound there would be vastly fewer archers and archery wouldn't be nothing what it is today. Compounds are not a negative to archery season though they bring in hundreds of thousands of 2 season archers and quite a few worthless ones at that. But - that someone chooses a compound won't effect my archery season one bit.
[/quote]

The same reason that flyfisherman think that spin fishing is somehow less noble- they want to feel superior. Disregard the fact that the difficult 95% of fishing is just fishing - you know, find the fish, set up on the fish, cast to the fish, etc.

In fact, this analogy apeals to me. If traditionalists are flyfisherman, and compounds are spin fisherman, than crossbows are trollers. You still have to find the fish, and once you get one on the line you need to play it and reel it in. But trollers lack a whole series of other fishing skills - casting with precision, setting the hook...you get the idea.

Flyfisherman and spinfisherman have much more in common than the troller, don't you think?

By the way, data...I think my analogy to trolling might hit home in more than one way.

Quick Reply: please tell me just one negative to crossbows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.