Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow for beginner, cheap, is it worth it? >

Bow for beginner, cheap, is it worth it?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow for beginner, cheap, is it worth it?

Old 02-26-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Bow for beginner, cheap, is it worth it?

Hi some of you may know I was looking at parkers for a while, but I found this one made by Refelx and Hoyt and its pretty cheap, they say its a good bow for starters and elite alike. I was wondering if anybody could give me any feedback on this bow.

Reflex Grizzly
Old 02-26-2005, 07:02 PM

Default RE: Bow for beginner, cheap, is it worth it?

It is a decent bow for a beginner, I wouldn't hesitate suggesting any of the Reflex line to anyone.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I read a review a couple of years ago that rated it the best buy. Saw one last year in Dick's Geauga lake ohio for $150.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what I bought for my return to bowhunting.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:10 PM

$525 is hardly cheap.[:-] That said, this looks like a pretty good deal. I've never shot a reflex grizzly, but as others have stated, I've heard good things about the bows. Heck, buying everything at once, and having it tuned and set up already is a great way to get started outside of a pro shop.

Good luck
Old 02-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a hoyt dynatec and love it. Hoyt owns reflex. Anyway that $525 seems like alot, but that is because they give you absolutely everything! Anyhow check out www.archerytalk.com, you may be able to get one slightly used and slash about $200 off that price

My 2 pennies
Jim
Old 02-27-2005, 06:34 AM

The Link wont work...
Old 02-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try this one: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/

Actually, that is not bad for all you get IF you like all the accessories. I am the kind of guy that likes to research EVERY accessory and pick and choose what I want. I wouldn't get some of the accessories that are included, but that is just me. For the most part, they look like decent quality accessories.

Remember too, that you probably have a warranty with the new bow (need to ask) and you would not with a used bow. However, if you save a couple of hundred dollars, it might be worth it.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Venor ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Txhunter
My brother is a UPS driver and one day a russian guy drove up to him and said "you have package for me, gib to me." My brother couldn't understand what he was saying and said to him "what are you saying, "it's all greek to me"". The russian guy exclaimed "I not greek I russian".

This maybe latin but they got it from the greeks.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:16 AM
pah

I have a friend that shoots a Reflex and really likes it, he bought it due the price difference between it and the Hoyt, it looks to be a very nice bow. With all the accessories that come with it it looks to be a pretty good deal, however I think your better off buying a bow from a local shop where they can set the bow up and tune it for you. The bow should be tuned for the individual shooter with that individual shooting it, not by someone else, unless you grip the bow and shoot it exactly the same as the person who sets it up and tunes it, you probably won't get the same results. If you do buy this make sure you check the tune when you get it.

Quick Reply: Bow for beginner, cheap, is it worth it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.