Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me guess the age - Cam Buck? >

Help me guess the age - Cam Buck?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me guess the age - Cam Buck?

Old 02-24-2005, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Help me guess the age - Cam Buck?

Thanks for the pics,Aint going to quess
Old 02-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

2.5-3.5 years old, depending on your herd... Either way should be nice for next season
Old 02-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

farm hunter, the deer in the first and second picture are two 'different' deer.
I opened the picture of the first deer using Adobe and changed the brightness and contrast and you can clearly see the first deer is different. It has 3 points on the left side and four on his right. He even has a small 'drop tine' close to his ear--if you look carefully at your picture you will see the drop tine just above 'his right ear'.
Don't know how to post pictures here, otherwise I would have shown you what it looked like after the brightness and contrast was adjusted.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:36 AM

Farm Hunter,

I also think that the first two pictures are of different deer. The first picture looks like an older deer then the 2nd picture because of the thickness of its neck and body. I think the first deer also has more muscle tone as well. Then again, it could just be the photo angle. On the first two deer, my guess on age would be 3.5 and 2.5. However, I am far from an expert, and I am using deer characteristics from my neigberhood to judge the ages of deer in your area which can always lead to mistakes. Either way, if they are around next year, they should get heart pumping if you get a shot at them.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:53 AM

If I had to pick an age I would guess 3.5 years old. He's real thick through the shoulder and neck and this leads me to believe he's an older animal. Although in some part of the country where we grow them big he could be a bruiser of a 2.5 year old buck.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:34 AM

I'm gunna say both deer are probably 3 1/2. Both beautiful bucks.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:49 AM

I would have to say 2.5. I would be very suprised if he was 3.5, however like these guys said it can depend on the genetics and food availability in that area.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:52 AM

You can't be fooled by the thickness of the neck and shoulders. During the rut they swell up immensely which can give the false impression of an older, heavier buck.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Both different! I have no idea on the age. But they are shooters to me!

Jim
Old 02-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Dominant Buck

3 different deer and I think they are 2 1/2 year old deer. Possibly the last picture is an older animal but difficult to determine due to the dark picture and the angle taken. If they all made it through the season then you are looking at some real fun next fall.

Quick Reply: Help me guess the age - Cam Buck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.