Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow elbow tendinitis? >

Bow elbow tendinitis?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow elbow tendinitis?

Old 02-10-2005, 01:01 AM

Default RE: Bow elbow tendinitis?

Got elbow tendinitis a few years ago.......just never learn...always doing something I like too much, all at once. Get into competitive canoeing, practice 4 times a week,...did not fully warm up once...pulled hamstring. Alpine skiing, over 50 descends a day....once did that four out of six days....minor torn ligament in knee. Playing tennis three times a week, and bow shooting....over 60 shots a session...three or four times a week....which led to an elbow tendinitis.

Now I just shoot 30 to 40 shots a session....once or twice a week. Gotta let the body heal itself.....and I don't want to be laid up for a few months.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:40 AM

Default RE: Bow elbow tendinitis?

Bullklr-
Healing time for tennis elbow (extensor tendonitis) is variable. It can take up to several months. It is not like back pain, where certain exercises can help speed the recovery process. To my knowledge, there are no specific exercises that you can do to help. Best thing to do is to not do whatever is causing it to hurt.
There are wraps that you can put around your forearm to help take the load off the extensor tendon mechanism. These wraps do help some with the pain and let you continue to use you arm in a fairly normal manner. Aniti-inflammatories like ibuprofen work too.
Good luck. Been there, had that, and even treated that.