Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My turn to vent, Realtree Outdoors >

My turn to vent, Realtree Outdoors

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My turn to vent, Realtree Outdoors

Old 09-07-2002, 01:39 PM

Default My turn to vent, Realtree Outdoors

You know, its tough coming home again from the woods after 2 full weekends of hunting and seeing nothing, to sit down and watch these guys on Realtree pass on on 8 and 10 pointers because "they just arent big enough, old enough or just not the quality deer" they are looking for. I'd take a nice Doe at this point. Anything!!

I think I'll pass on watching the show until next July when I'm starved for any type of hunting related action.

Any day spent huntin, is better than any day spent workin,,

Duckmastor2
Old 09-07-2002, 02:03 PM

Default RE: My turn to vent, Realtree Outdoors

*L* I have to agree with you on this one! I really think these shows lead some people to believe it is a everyday deal to see deer like the ones on the shows. They also lead people to believe you can walk right out and call up just about any animal, if you just bucked up and spent the cash for their call. Simple fact is, if you and I could hunt on farms and ranches that have not seen a hunter in 10-15 years, we could afford to pass on nice bucks, and marginal bulls and we could call up these animals with a minimum of practice. If Mr. Jordan, and Mr. Primos really wanted to impress me, they would dedicate an entire season to just public land hunting without guides, then I don't think we'd see them passing up basket racked bucks! All in all, the shows are fun to watch they have great footage, but to me they are really not that informative. Now I would like to see some of the less visual guys do some shows like, Larry Jones, Dwight Schuh, and to a lesser extent Chuck Adams. The guys seem to do more public land hunting than the rest of the TV and video guys put together.
Old 09-07-2002, 03:31 PM

Duckmaster, I need to agree with you. This morning im watching one of those shows and here this woman has a nice 5x5 elk bull that I would give my time to whatever charity someone wanted me to . But no does she take the shot. Now we all must remember that this is a half hour show. But NOOOOOOOO she dosent take the shot she says that if this bull is here by itself theres got to be a bigger one close by with the the females. Now wait a second here in pennsylvania yes I can let does go by cause I know ill see another but to say I would let a 8 point with a 16 inch spread go by hell ill chase the thing over the next hill if I have to. Hope the rest of your season is better then the first couple weeks
Old 09-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with you though I must admit I find the videos/DVDs very entertaining. My next biggest complaint is that all we usually see is the "kill scene"...not any of the preparation or the days without seeing anything, etc... That would make it more interesting to me.

Old 09-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe something showing "Time Elapsed", so we know how long the've been in the stand, or the total days of hunting they've done.
Trebark

Become one with nature...then grill it.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

What PABowhunter said goes for me to!!
Old 09-07-2002, 06:53 PM

I think jealousy is getting to you all.The name of realtree videos is monster bucks not monster does or six pointers.Personally I like their videos they work very hard to produce a quailty video.They have two hunters in the stand so they have to hide twice the scent. They spend more hours in a deer stand than any average hunter.I don't care if your guided or not an old mature buck still has all his keen senses and you still have to make the shot when the moment of truth happens.What about the guys at mad calls watch their videos they also pass up inmature deer,and do most of their hunting on their own farms.I think we need to quit puttting down fellow hunters and apppreciate that there is hunting videos and tv shows to watch.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Hey arrow chuker, since when is a 10 point not a monster buck? I reckon that's the point Duckmastor2 was making.

God bless,
Brandan

Old 09-07-2002, 09:16 PM

I quit watching realtree and now pretty much watch nothing but the Drury brothers.They seem to hunt on their own property yeah it's like a thousand acres or something like that but they seem to do all of the footwork thmselves.I also think their videos are a little more personal and for the everyday Joe that can't fork out $5000 to go to Saskatchewan.Just my opinion

Old 09-07-2002, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

In all fairness to the guys that make these videos....they are made to entertain "US".
I dont think you or me would buy a video that shows the hunter taking basket-rack 1 1/2 year old bucks!!!!
Sure,I envey these guys being able to hunt Iowa,Illinois,Kansas and Montana all in one season,but it sure is fun to see them do it and see the trophy bucks they get and the ones that get away!
They dont show all of the endless hours that these guys put in because that would be pretty boring to watch...but if you listen to them talk,they do make comments about not seeing many deer or how tough the hunt has been.
The "TRUTH" videos by Primos are "AWSOME"!
These guys are real hunters and the videos are not like watching an infomercial.
Yes, they are hunting better spots than most of us and put in way more time on stand...I say good for them!
I`m glad not everyone has to punch a time clock and hit the salt mines week in and week out....sometimes I dream about what it would be like,but then the alarm goes off and I wake up!
Think positive when you are out there huntin and if what you are doing does not work try something else...knock on some doors and ask for permisson on that good lookin spot you drive by on the way to your huntin ground,smile and do a little B.S.ing with the landowner!
If you want to kill a good buck,the most important thing in my opinion is to find someplace that is not getting a lot of pressure and then hunt smart,be sneaky and dont let that big buck know your huntin him.There are more nice bucks around than you think...they just have people figured out!
Just my two cents worth!!!!!

Quick Reply: My turn to vent, Realtree Outdoors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.