Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buckle or velcro..............??? >

Buckle or velcro..............???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buckle or velcro..............???

Old 01-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buckle or velcro..............???

I have mixed feelings. I love the comfort of the velcro but I hate the noise. I also like the fact that if I want to put it over my sleeve, I can pull it as tight as I want unlike the pre-punched holes of the buckle. On the other hand, I like the noise level of the buckle and not a big fan of the comfort.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I say a buckle I mean a slip buckle ,you can just loop the strap through the buckle so you can easily fit your hand in it and when your ready to get serious you just pull on the strap to snug the release to where it's comfortable for you.I wouldn't go with the buckle and strap with the hole's because Ampahunter is correct it's either too tight or too loose and is a pain to adjust in your time of need .

nubo
Old 02-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

My tru-ball stinger release uses velcro which was fine for practicing my bad for hunting. This year, prior to the season, I found a used belt that fit what my needs and had my wife sew on a length of belt and the buckle. I used and hammer and nail to punch holes in exactly the spots I needed -- taking into account early and late seasons and gloves I would use. It worked perfectly, made no noise, and I was able to switch gloves during a hunt if the weather changed, etc. Since I do some all day hunts during the rut, I wanted this option and didn't want to shell out the extra money for a new release when I really like the one I have.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: DaveH

My tru-ball stinger release uses velcro which was fine for practicing my bad for hunting. This year, prior to the season, I found a used belt that fit what my needs and had my wife sew on a length of belt and the buckle. I used and hammer and nail to punch holes in exactly the spots I needed -- taking into account early and late seasons and gloves I would use. It worked perfectly, made no noise, and I was able to switch gloves during a hunt if the weather changed, etc. Since I do some all day hunts during the rut, I wanted this option and didn't want to shell out the extra money for a new release when I really like the one I have.
I have the same release and just ordered a buckle strap from Tru Ball. $10 and much quieter. I have switched to a Tru Ball Pro Diamond this year-no straps or anything. Fits my hand really well and works for back tension.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Scott Mongoose - buckle - LOVE IT!
Old 02-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

My old release had a velcro strap. It tended to stick to alot of things including my mesh gloves, tree stand fabric, face mask, etc. It would make noise any time it contacted any of these materials by accident. I bought a mongoose cheap on Ebay, and the first thing i did was buy a buckle strap for it and i love it. I guess I should post a brand new velcro strap on ebay one of these days...
Old 02-01-2005, 01:59 PM

I use neither...handheld for me...Well I guess it does have a strap but more like a loop you can tighten around your wrist. My back up is velcro though in case I drop.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:05 PM

THE BUCKLE NO NOISE AT ALL
Old 02-01-2005, 02:18 PM

velcro better fit and if your worried about noise put it on before you trek in the woods and take it off when you get out.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:44 PM

The velcro is better for fine adjustment but the buckle seems to be a bit more comfortable. Give or take. Just don't know. I use both depending on the weather.