Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buckle strap or Velcro? >

Buckle strap or Velcro?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buckle strap or Velcro?

Old 12-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buckle strap or Velcro?

Hay guys i have been shooting the same old scott release for about 11yrs now. The velcro strap is starting to get kinda worn out.
So i went to my archery shop here in town and a good friend of mine that works there was telling me instead of buying a new release just buy the strap but replace it witha buckle type release strap? The caliper it self is fine. What do you guys think?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:40 PM

Default RE: Buckle strap or Velcro?

Go with a buckle for sure. I just bought a Scott with a velcro and hated it. Had to go spend another $75 forone with a buckle.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:45 PM

Buckle. Velcro has no place in the woods as far as I'm concerned, especially for hunting.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Buckle for sure.

There is no such thing as "quiet Velcro".

Not yet at least.....
Old 12-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

JB I would have done thhe same thing but when i bought it thats all they offered. I wish i had a chance to choose back then i would have done the samething you did. Thanks.
KodiakArcher.. I have always thought the same thing about the velcro with hunting. I never really like it for hunting but itwas just something i had gotton used toovertime.
Thanks for you comment guysi will change the velcro to a buckle.
Always helps to have a 2nd opion

Old 12-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The thing that I like about having a buckle strap is that I know every time that I put it on the strap is tigthened to same place. When I had a Scott with velcro sometime it was tigther on my wrist then other times.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gutshot

The thing that I like about having a buckle strap is that I know every time that I put it on the strap is tigthened to same place. When I had a Scott with velcro sometime it was tigther on my wrist then other times.
Gutshot thats the same thing i was told buy my friend at the archery shop.
That made more sence to me than anything, plus it`s not near as noisy putting on in the woods.
So i don`t see any reason not to change. Thanks bud!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:32 PM

another vote for the buckle here. In fact I would reccomend getting 2 of them that way after shooting one all summer and getting it all sweated up and stinky, you can swap it out for the non sweated up one.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:47 PM

Buckle would be the way to go and it is alot less noisy than the velcro. I had the same problem not to long ago, so I contacted Scott archery and one of their reps e-mailed info on purchasing directly from them. Also note that if you have a late model release( the older threaded rod style ) that you will need the buckle strap designed for that model. Let me know if you need the contacts e-mail or phone number .
Old 12-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

PA Hardwoods: note well taken.thanks
tikki234: Thanks for your help!
I will Pm you if i need that number. thanks again.

Quick Reply: Buckle strap or Velcro?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.