Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 any shed hunters having luck? >

any shed hunters having luck?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

any shed hunters having luck?

Old 01-29-2005, 09:41 AM

Default RE: any shed hunters having luck?

Here is another pic of the nine pointer, or should I say five pointer. Now all I have to do is figure out where he dropped it.

Old 01-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Found these the other day....didn't even know there were moose on the eastern shore of Maryland!

Actually I found those in Maine a few years ago (and that dog is a Saint Bernard...just so you have some frame of reference!) OK....so he's a lhasa apso...but I was still impressed when I found this matched set 20 minutes after stepping out of my jeep.

I haven't been out yet this season, but am getting the urge. I'm not sure they've started dropping quite yet...but it gives you a good excuse to do some post season scouting. MD

Old 01-29-2005, 03:13 PM

I found a big 5 point rack that had a sticker coming out of the base back in the middle of Dec., and yesterday I found another one just like the first one, only smaller (in a different hunting area). The one yesterday was hanging on a branch.
When we got back from shed hunting I noticed some deer in my friends neighbor's field behind his property. There was 16 out in the field at noon, and 5 were bucks still carring their racks.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:53 PM

went out today and still nothing except for 3 does
Old 01-29-2005, 06:36 PM

m00sedrool,
Are you kidding? I must say, I'm speechless. Are there any game farms near you? Where the heck did they come from? [&:]
Old 01-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Jimbo...yeah I was kidding about finding them on the eastern shore. I lived in northern Maine for several years and would snow shoe looking for moose sheds in the early spring. It's a lot of fun to find those big suckers....but packing them out can be a chore if you're lucky enough to find a few. I have another matching set, but quite a bit smaller. I've thought about having them mounted, but kind of like them laying around as part of my decor!
Old 01-29-2005, 06:59 PM

Ohhhhhhhh, you got me good!!! This just shows that I have to read the posts a little more carefully! That would be fun finding something like that. At least you didn't have to pack out all the meat from one of those bulls!
Old 01-29-2005, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

You got that right. Kind of the best of both worlds...walked out with the rack and no other worries. Although Moose meat is some of the best you'll ever eat.

Where do you hunt over in Harford County? I ran into a guy on Wye Island over this way during bow season that was from Harford. That's a pretty long haul. Send me a PM if you don't want to tie up this thread.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:02 PM

I found my first fresh shed of the year jan.6th. Actually I found 4 fresh sheds that day,2 being a matched set off a small 8 pointer.
My count is up to 12 sheds right now,8 fresh and 4 old sheds.The last 2 weeks there's been too much snow laying for any serious shedhunting and it's snowing again now.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:30 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

deershed

Snow?? Seems I remember someone wanted to find sheds in the snow. We got snow too but that hasn't been the problem for us. I've glassed a lot of deer in the last week and most of the bucks are still carrying. I even let Tyler walk a few hotspot feeding areas today and nothing.

The Iowa and Kansas boys are finding sheds already. They are finding sheds 50 miles north of us ( more snow ). Last year at this time we had 20 plus sheds. We only have the one shed so far. I doubt we will have many sheds on the ground by the middle of Febuary. Unreal as this year isn't much different from last year except there is a little more food for them due to poor harvest conditions from this fall and slightly warmer temps. We have had cold snaps but they don't last too long. The deer look to be in pretty good shape.

Get out there and find some sheds. That way we can see your pictures while we wait for the bucks to drop here.

Tim

Quick Reply: any shed hunters having luck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.