Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone else start scouting yet? >

Anyone else start scouting yet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone else start scouting yet?

Old 01-20-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Anyone else start scouting yet?

with a fresh 3-4 inches of snow on the ground, i decided to head out scouting to see if the deer are still running the same patterns. Did not find as much sign as I would have liked but re affirmed some things. So has anyone started to scout yet?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:17 PM

Default RE: Anyone else start scouting yet?

Nope, still hunting..............

Scounting starts in February for me........
Old 01-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i never stop
Old 01-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Dominant Buck

I have been debating hopping into the woods and dropping a quiver full of deer. On the scouting side, I'm currently trying to gain access to 500 acs. of land in Al. I'm not exactly sure where it is but I know that it was bought exclusively for turkey hunting. My bow hunting won't screw that up and besides the owners live in Alaska. Other then that, I'm looking into new spots to hunt just because I always like hunting new areas.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:25 PM

Here in N.Y.(Catskill Mountains) now is the best time to scout, especially drop hunting. I walk every weekend from january till march. I've walked many, many miles of property and have not even came upon coyote kill, which is strange cause there are many coyotes. Looks like good winter for deer, and better yet good hunting 4 next year.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:31 PM

Man you all suck! J/K I live 3 hours from my hunting grounds and it is under 5' of snow. I wish I could go out scouting and shed hunting. It's not like I can go out my back door and I am in the woods. Sounds to me like you all are real close to your hunting grounds. Mine is all national forest, couple hundred miles from me.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I with bob d on this one, I never really stop scouting!!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:26 PM

Best time of the year to scout. You can really see the trails!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:31 PM

Not yet. I like to wait untill about the end of April. That way the deer are at or near thier normal bedding/feeding routines and I can start planning for the upcoming season based on the normal habits and not just thier yarding habits.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes i started today , took the shotgun out for a walk for wabbits , and noticed alot of new deer trails that i thought would normally jsut be deer wandering! , also noticed a few areas they seem to bed that i would normally overlook , this was a spot i dont hunt all that often!

Quick Reply: Anyone else start scouting yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.