Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Man!, sorry just need to vent >

Man!, sorry just need to vent

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Man!, sorry just need to vent

Old 01-20-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Man!, sorry just need to vent

O.K., please pardon my whineing but I just need to vent a little. To make a long story short I've been hunting this area of private land (approx. 2,000 acres) that I know has a good buck in the area. I really want to take him with my bow. The area is leased by myself and my brother-in-law. I told my brother-in-law the certain area where I had been seeing signs & I told him he should go & hunt it when I was working (Now, here is where I need to be kicked in the rear. I told him about the area where I noticed the signs and said he should go & hunt there when I was working just to be nice, but deep, deep down inside I really didnt think he would go to that area because he has a certain area that he hunts all tha time). Well I was wrong. He went this weekend & MISSED THE DEER WITH HIS RIFLE. He said it was a pretty big 8 point. (By the way this was Sunday, I dont hunt on Sundays cause thats church day). Anyway I thought ok thats alright he knows he missed him so I'll go after him this weekend. Well sir, yesterday evening my nephew who is 17 y/o (My brother-in-laws son) went to my spot & killed my deer. It was a very nice 9 point. He'll go about 175lbs, & score about 110. Not a monster but one I sure would have liked to sling an arrow at. But you know I think (no wait, I KNOW) the good Lord knew what he was doing because my nephew doesnt hunt alot & has never killed a buck & this was his first. And to see & hear a 17y/o, that is normally quiet all the time, get SO EXCITED over what he harvested, it realy made my day. Yes I have put in alot of time & effort & money and it is a little frustrating, but overall I dont think I would planned it any other way. Sorry to be so longwinded but I just wanted to share this with my other hunt'en buddies. O, by the way I told my nephew that if ever did that again I would break his neck (HA, HA just kidding)
Old 01-20-2005, 07:49 AM

Default RE: Man!, sorry just need to vent

Learn from it and move on. Bowhunting is tough, your best spots should be reserved for you or your kids.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would still consider this a success story,since you done all the scouting one of your party got the deer intended .I'm sure if there's one good buck there there will also be another one and might even be a bigger one .These good deed's usually have a way of working out for both parties .The thiing here is if you didn't want them to get the chance of taking your deer you should have not said anything about it .But it's nice to see a family member score on his first deer this way and I'm sure your very proud of him .You've done a good deed and a greater power will now look out for you.Good luck and I'm sure your time is coming.
Just to let you know I don't consider this whining ,I think this is just your way of telling us how proud of your nephew you really are.

nubo
Old 01-20-2005, 07:57 AM

Thanks guys for your input.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: savedbygrace

. I told him about the area where I noticed the signs and said he should go & hunt there when I was working just to be nice, but deep, deep down inside I really didnt think he would go to that area
When you find an area like that? Don`t tell anyone!
There to hard to come buy.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:19 AM

I don't like to share my "hot tips". I'm gald the kid bagged the buck and it appreas you are as well.

In the future if you don't want the fruits of your labor to drop dead at the end of someone else barrel or arrow keep it quite.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Seeing it was a kid & his first I would let it go. With 2000 acers there has to be more big bucks!
Old 01-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well done. Congrats to your nephew!!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

When people ask me where I'm seeing deer I point in the opposite direction. Send them miles down the road.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:43 AM

You can't really be upset for someone killing a deer in a spot that you told him to hunt........If you had told him to stay out of there and he killed it then you would have every right to be furious.

At least it was the kids first buck...........you just hooked him for life so that's a GOOD thing

Quick Reply: Man!, sorry just need to vent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.