Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Why are my arrows all shooting ..... >

Why are my arrows all shooting .....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why are my arrows all shooting .....

Old 09-05-2002, 09:41 AM

Default RE: Why are my arrows all shooting .....

OK heres what I would try then...1)Put old rest back on,take a few shots,see what happens...2)If problem is still there then have someone watch your grip when shooting,are you grabbing at the release? 3)are you using a peep,inconsistent anchor point could be the prob 4)TRy a heavier arrow -spine- If the problem is still there take 4 or 5 days off...maybe draw and aim bow,hold dont release any arrows...do this for a couple days,any flaws in your form will be noticed right away(like punching or flinching) Let us know how its going.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys for all the input.

I am still shooting field points and I shoot open handed with a wrist sling so I don't think I am torquing the bow.

I am taking a day or two away from shooting to see if this helps.
If it does not I will burn a vacation day and get it back to where I was.

Thanks,
SF

Old 09-06-2002, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually,lefts and rights are usually caused by a draw length that is too short.What happens is the elbow on the release hand doesn't get extended straight back and the result is lefts and rights.With fingers and a whisker buisket the results could be extreme.

Also ,if the draw measures the same as you have always shot.I would look at center shot.If you are paper tuning to get a bullet hole and to get the bullet hole perfect you adjust center shot off,the result will be lefts and rights.This is a result of tuning to your torque of the bow or tuning to the wrong spine arrow.

The reason you see lefts and rights on a bow that the center shot isn't correct is because if the arrow is pointing to the left(right handed shooter).You end up pulling the bow across your body from left to right to sight it in,the result is that your body and bow are no longer in a straight line with the target and it is very difficult to hold the bow on target and you start drifting from left to right and back.Therfore the arrow is hitting in a straight line but is following your movement.

Hope you find the answer in here some where.It is really hard to diagnose problems over the net.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are the experts - but let me offer a small bit of advice,

I've used a WB for two years now. The times I had troble with left/right, I found that my plastic fletchings were hitting the bottom of the rest, or in your case it could be the riser as well. I turned the nocks a little, and the problem went away. I use an adjustable crosshair sight, one other time I found the when shooting at past 40 yds (for practice only) my fletchings were kissing the ring of the sight.

I ended up going to a little smaller fletching in the end, the 4" ones I had in the beginning were a little harder to get to clear the riser, or the base of the WB.

Hope you get it figured out.

Old 09-07-2002, 08:29 AM
Spike

Hi Sprintflyer. I had a WB just recently and had to get rid of it. Loved the fact that your arrow can't fall of the rest, but had a similar problem your having and didn't like my fletching getting so beat up. So I elected to go back to my normal rest and next year will probably go with a drop away. Good luck.