Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-06-2002, 06:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-06-2002, 06:49 AM

Default RE: Shooting the right BUCK! by Roger Raglin

Very good I couldn't agree with you more one mans let it go let it grow is another mans trophy

good luck and God bless
Old 09-06-2002, 06:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-06-2002, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great post! I know what I am looking for this year and it probably won't make any record book, but it will be my new personal best. You can bet your last dollar that you won't be able to smack the smile off my face if I get him. Good luck this year everybody.
Old 09-06-2002, 07:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-06-2002, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, interesting points he makes but let's keep our eye on the ball here. He is not necessarily advocating blasting the first button or forkie that walks by because having a deer that close to you gets your heart pumpin' so much that you just can't control yourself and you shoot the first thing you see. November and the rut is the absolute best time to attempt to harvest a buck so why guy's settle for a buck barely out of spots is beyond me.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-06-2002, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bow, my friend, this post kinda contradicts your reply in the "Be proud of your Harvest"..post? Just observant you southern, decal makin, nice buck passing, bowyer brother.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 09-06-2002, 11:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-06-2002, 02:03 PM

I know what he's talking about. Score means nothing to me, but a big beautiful rack does. I've seen racks that score very high with nice wide, symmetrical and relatively light antlers. Don't get me wrong. They're nice, just not my preferred style of rack. I like them thick and tall and I don't care if they're symmetrical. In fact, I prefer a little &quot;character&quot; to them, no matter what the deduction might be. A good example is my brother's best buck. It's gross score was about 165 and it netted about 150. But, let me tell you, this rack is as impressive as they come in my view. It's totally massive with 12&quot; G2s. A 165 gross is pretty impressive when you consider it's spread is only about 14&quot;. The main beams come within about 2&quot; of touching.

Nobody in their right mind is going to pass on a buck like this no matter what the score, but if it was standing side by side with a 190 class buck of the nature I previously described, I'd take this one.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.