Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Reflex Grizzly?

Old 01-14-2005, 08:23 AM

Default RE: Reflex Grizzly?

I like the Reflex line, any relation to Hoyt is a plus in my book
Old 01-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well those posts seem pretty comforting. Everybody seems positive about the grizzly. God thing, cuz I bought it today!!!!!
Old 01-15-2005, 05:17 AM

terry and nubo, please let me know what you both think of terry's new bow. my new neighbor is looking to get new bows for both he and his son and i thought the grizzly would be a great choice. if he was only buying 1 i think he'd go all out, but his boy is just about my size - in middle school - and still shooting a youth and he said if he gets one for himself he'll need to get justin 1 also - that's a good dad.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gibblet!

The Grizzly looked to be a pretty decent bow, Terry never got to shoot when I was there. From what I understand now ,is that it feel's good to him .but the best thing about it was that it came with a rest,sight and quiver and all for under 400.00 CDN the draw was 27" to 30"and the draw wieght was 55Lbs to 70Lbs which cover's a pretty wide range and would fit just about anyone. I think it's a great bow, and hopefully soon Terry will come up and he can put it through it's pace's. We'll definetly get back to you on this Gibblet. I'm sure he'll be posting soon to his finding's as well.

nubo
Old 01-15-2005, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

gibblet,
I actually ended up talking to a pretty knwledgeable sales guy when I bought the bow. He measured my draw length properly and set my bow up. I shot a few shots in the indoor range and after being out of archery for around 15 years was stunned at how nice shooting this bow is. The thing seems fast to me but as I say I am really no expert. The sales guy was surprised at how well it shot because he admitted he was no fan of reflex bows. I love how it feels and balances and after reading as much as I can on it on the various internet sites I think there is a lot of value in the Grizzly. After minimal sighting in I was making killing shots on a black bear target in the indoor range. If you check the string I started asking about the reflex, it was recommended highly.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:23 PM

thanks guys, looking forward to hearing more. it really seems like a great value. please keep me up to date on it, both of you, so i can relay the info to my neighbor who doesn't have the net.