Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH >

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Old 01-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

buckeye, I'm 6'6" tall and have an 82" wingspan
. For some reason i got the felling that you were much of a smaller than that. What do you use for arrows?..... broom stick`s
Old 01-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Arthur P is now known as............

ARTHUR THE GIANT[]

Note to self...... If I ever plan to go to Texas,[8D] don't piss Arthur off
Old 01-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Arthur P is now known as............

ARTHUR THE GIANT[]

Note to self...... If I ever plan to go to Texas,[8D] don't piss Arthur off
My thoughts exactly!!
Old 01-14-2005, 07:00 PM

shot both love my mathews
Old 01-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

i shot the switchback at the local bowshop on thursday loved it but no way will i give $700 for one.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:04 PM

I HAVE A MATHEWS LEGACY.I KNOW IT IS A COUPLE YEARS OLD, BUT I LOVE THAT BOW AND I SEE NO REASON TO SWITCH BOWS WHEN ONE WORKS...BUT I HAVE SHOT THE BOWTECH'S AND THEY ARE NICE ALSO...BUT I AM GONNA STICK WITH MATHEWS I AM POSOTIVE MY NEXT BOW WILL BE A MATHEWS. I ALSO AGREE THAT SINGLE CAM BOWS ARE BETTER.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:40 PM

I shoot a Mathews Classic,very nice bow. I still like the MQ-1 better than any Mathews I've shot,includeing the Switchback. I've shot a few Bowtecs and do not care for them,they are fast but no faster than a Mathews and not near as smooth. My buddy shoots a Blacknight and I had a Blackmax 2 (which I didn't like) and the Blackmax was faster with 29in draw the Bowtec was 30. I'll stick with Mathews.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Mathews Classic,very nice bow. I still like the MQ-1 better than any Mathews I've shot,includeing the Switchback. I've shot a few Bowtecs and do not care for them,they are fast but no faster than a Mathews and not near as smooth. My buddy shoots a Blacknight and I had a Blackmax 2 (which I didn't like) and the Blackmax was faster with 29in draw the Bowtec was 30. I'll stick with Mathews.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:46 PM

Old 01-21-2005, 07:22 AM

I have a 28 in draw. With cat whiskers and a loop my patriot dually shoots a 355 grain arrow 303-305. I love dual cam bows. I think that bowtech really shines with duallys and now with the new cams. My speed was exactly the speed posted on my birth certificate. ...which was 315 with only a brass loop. Whiskers slowed things down. I have a very forgiving brace height at almost 8 inches as well. I shot a 400 grain arrow out of a 28 in lx through the chronie to compare to my patriot dually. My bow was set at 66. The lx was at 73. I shot 12 fps faster. That is with a 7 lb difference in draw weight and nothing on the lx string. Honestly, Matthews makes a great bow and has a loyal following. In my area they are pushed more than others due to the pro shop guys at the two local shops getting free bows from Matthews for selling a certain amount. I am not the one assuming this, they tell me so. I also think that their mass weight is too heavy. BUT, they have a good line of bows and kill tons of animals each year and doing well at 3d shoots. Someone mentioned a harsh draw cycle on the switchback. There is no way it is harsher than my dually. She is a rough one in the cold. The dually is set at 65% let off and will get away from you if you let it up a bit. This, for some, would be bad. But, it is smokin fast, forgiving, and now very quiet. I also shoot heavy arrows at 270- I like the speed for KE, not for trajectory. One of my points is this- with the duallys or new cam- you can have super speed with forgiveness.

Quick Reply: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.