Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH >

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Old 01-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

HOWDY GUYS ,,, I OWN A MATHEWS OUTBACK AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THIS BOW, I HAVE NEVER SHOT A BOW THAT SHOOTS SMOOTHER OR AS NICE BUT I HAVE NEVER SHOT A BOWTECH I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS SHOT BOTH AND WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON EACH BOW , I KNOW I JUST BOUGHT THE OUTBACK LAST YEAR BUT IM ONE OF THE RETARDS THAT HAS TO CHANGE EVERY YEAR [&:] DONT KNOW WHY I DO IT . MATHEWS ALSO HAS A NEW ONE CALLED THE SWITCHBACK AND SOME MORE ARE GOING TO BE RELEASED THIS WEEK CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM

TEAM J&D
Old 01-08-2005, 10:01 AM

Default RE: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Bowtech has dual cam bows (Which are better, I'll get flamed for that one). THe solo cam models are very comparable. I didn't really perfer one over the other.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:19 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Shot both. Bought a BowTech.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot and owned both Mathews and Bowtech bows. They are both great. It will boil down to personal opinion. Shoot both and see what you like better. For the record I tried out Bowtech's new equalizer system last week and put a deposit on an Allegiance. I don't know how they are able to get the speeds with that smooth of a draw, and I don't care. I just know they are silky smooth and smokin' fast.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:35 PM

Wrong place to ask. Lots of Bowtech shooters, not many Mathews shooters... I shoot an LX, and love it. I have never shot a Bowtech, so I have nothing to say about them. They look nice, and here a lot about them from guys on here, but other than that, nobody around here sells them.

I don't think dual cam bows are better, as was previously stated, they might be faster, but there is nothing better than a single cam bow. I think if I bought a Bowtech it would be an Liberty. The Outback is a fine bow, I like the new Switchback better though.

Overall, its all up to you, and whatever decision you make won't hurt you because both are good bows.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 3 Shot

nobody around here sells them.
GAT Guns in Carpentersville sells them. A pretty good drive from Yorkville, but certainly feasible. If you get a chance you should check them out.

I'm still packing a Hoyt in my bowcase, but the times they are a'changin.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:26 PM
c j
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 3 Shot

Overall, its all up to you, and whatever decision you make won't hurt you because both are good bows.
Agreed. My buddy just bought a Switchback after test-shooting it compared to the Outback and the V-Tec (hoyt). He says he loves my Liberty, too, but BowTech was out of the question since his local shop doesn't sell them. For the record, he liked both Mathews bows over the Hoyt. (I shot all of them and I agree)

But shoot them for yourself and decide. Doubt you can go wrong with any of them.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:31 PM

The last time I was ar GAT Guns, they did not have any Bowtech bows, he must have just got them. That is where I bought my Mathews at. Super nice guy that runs the place name Pete Mull. Knows his stuff about archery, and he is a Hoyt guy that likes Mathews too.

I will remind myself to shoot a Bowtech when I am there, since I am taking my Mathews there to get sent back to Mathews so it can get dipped again!
Old 01-09-2005, 06:46 AM

The Bowsite forum will be doing a bow test on these bows and hopefully have the results in the near future. They take 12 archers and blindfold them so they don't know what bow is being shot. They each rate them on recoil, smoothness, speed and balance. The speed is done comparing apples to apples as far as arrow weight, draw lenght, poundage. I looked at the last two years and found Bowtechs speed claims to be just that, a claim. The Mathews LX beat the Bowtech VFT even though Bowtech claimed the VFT to be amost 8-10 feet faster IBO. The Outback won the overall rating and was allso the fastest. Beat Bowtech LIberty also, there bow with same braceheight. After all is said and done, you still need to shoot what feels good to you no matter what brand it is. Bowtech makes a good bow, but don't put alot of stock in all the HYPE you read here and there. Good Shooting.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Roy ,Roy , Roy are you there Roy oh you were having a bad dream Roy .I have a friend here who shoot's an Outback with a 30 in draw ,and he has now boughten a Patriot .Because it's faster and much smoother ,but again it all come's down to personal preference ,that's the big issue here .I'm not knocking Mathew's because I've shot Mathew's bow's and indeed they are nice ,but they are very comparable to BowTech and this is where it come's down to preference.
But I must say Roy BowTech isn't all about Hype buddy,these bow's do have an edge in the speed area over the other's and that's a fact.

mubo

Quick Reply: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.