Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hey, Take A Look At This New Peep Sight! >

Hey, Take A Look At This New Peep Sight!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey, Take A Look At This New Peep Sight!

Old 01-09-2005, 05:24 PM

Default RE: Hey, Take A Look At This New Peep Sight!

sweet
Old 01-09-2005, 08:43 PM

Great Thread Started here! Great Big 8 pointer above. Nicely done.
The FopSight (Fiber Optic Peep) was recently preview this weekend at the Archery Trade Association show in Indianapolis.

The peep inside diameter opening is .312 inch. .062 inch bigger than the quarter inch some try drilling out bigger. The fibers are .019 red, and green and yellow also available recently at manufacturer. The peep provided Center Shot (+) location center peep aperture increasing accuracy and shot consistency. Without the peep, fibers true consistant centering in the Large (greater) light emitting peep becomes best quess. The peep work well static, no tubing however no stretch string and a speed loop nok works best on (+) vertical/horizontal peep rotation. The fiber cause a proximal see thru cross hair (blur). Which provides consistent large peep hole centering.

Check http://www.selectarchery.com and our manufacturers website http://www.fopsight.com for special purchase offers!

I due my best to post some good ATA show pictures and the Fop Sight Center Shot.

Visit website, fopsight.com and our 1st dealer

Old 01-09-2005, 09:00 PM

Looks like a great idea.In 3-D shooting I use to mark my lens with a red marker to center my peep with for a consistant group.The only problem I see is in order for you to see past the peep and to your sight pin you will need either a diffrent color pin and/or a larger pin than the intersection of the cross.I don't know? I would try one for hunting.What is the cost per peep?
Old 01-09-2005, 09:24 PM

It came upon me about 2 years this Feb. It design allows interchange of fiber colors for (hunting) backgrounds (Spring-Summer)- (Fall-Winter). The peep is rubber coated for string serving added security. I will get some more posting pics uploaded. The fibers (colors) are replaceable while peep is installed. Easy change out, and replacements. Fibers 1/16 inch ends are melted into peep with a lighter flame; into tapered peep tracking sockets.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:04 PM

This weekends Archery Trade Association Show Indianapolis, IN. DRD OUTDOOR SPORTS was our Proud Manufacturer's Rep's at the Show. Weather could have been better!

Old 01-10-2005, 04:13 AM

Seems as if it would make looking through the peep a lot harder.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:37 PM

It really does not effect seeing through it. The peep positioning and close position within (normal) far/near visioned individual the cross hair becomes (a fixed) induced visual cross hair (see throught) blur. You can pick-up fwd sight pins perfectly and align continually a choice fixed pin in center of cross hair for guard style shooters (or) pick your yardage pin and center in cross hair for pin shooters.

The lighted (attenuated) cross hair works outdoors not indoors. Indoor target shooting and or late darkening hours just center the pin or guard as usual as if you did'nt have cross hair fibers.

The Fiber Optic Peep, provided Centering Consistency for those who give it an honest effort. We have the Fop Peep being used compeition BHFS and Limited.