Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New to bowhunting and the forum! >

New to bowhunting and the forum!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New to bowhunting and the forum!

Old 12-30-2004, 09:38 AM

Default RE: New to bowhunting and the forum!

Wow! thanks for the posts folks! I had a chance to go in this morning and shoot again, it wasn't a Bowtech, it was a Parker Buckhunter... Sorry for the confusion, I think he may have mentioned it before and I got confused myself. I would say that my monitary situation isn't an issue, I have prolly $1000 to blow, but I'm limiting myself. I have shot a Recurve in High School Phys. Ed. and really enjoyed it, I was second best in my class, 100 kids. I have even thought about purchasing a Recurve or Long-Bow first, just so I can get my form. Then I thought I would just go straight to compound as they are sometimes equal in price! [:-] The Pro-shop said the Paker was a great bow, and have not had any complaints/problems with it. When I shot it, I didn't see anythin really "wrong" with it. Peep sight and rest, are included I forgot to add that. I liked the riser on the Hoyt better *shrug* , though maybe it was just the plastic handle on the parker that I didn't like...
Old 12-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

I'm new to this forum and bowhunting/archery too. My wife just bought me a Reflex Excursion for Christmas and I am excited to get out and shoot. I don't have much experience with shooting but the Reflex came highly recommended by the Bass Pro Shop expert. I am going to shoot it for the first time tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:59 PM

Welcome!
Old 01-01-2005, 09:08 PM

hi i am also new to bow hunting not shooting i have always been an above exelent shot with a bow but have not shot any compounds am good to go with a 75lbs long bow what would that put me in the catagory of compounds