HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/83192-my-girl-left-me-cuz-she-says-i-chose-hunting-over-her.html)

Buck Huntin Girl 12-21-2004 12:09 PM

RE: my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her...

I HATE the word "whipped".

How about a woman replies with a woman's point of view? Okay... well, here goes. Relationships are a give and take thing. Sometimes you need to be MORE than willing to give, and with that will come things you can take. It really bothers me when the "wearing the pants" lingo is used in reference to a marriage OR relationship. Who in the heck cares. If you love someone, you will give them the opportunities to do what makes them happy. Now, they, in turn, need to do things in return. If that means sitting out one or two, even THREE **gasp** days of hunting season, that's what it means.

Good lord, people, I don't know how certain people make it through life constantly taking and never giving. You know, my boyfriend has gotten me hunting with him, and I LOVE it. I now understand the passion and addiction to the sport, but that doesn't mean I understand when he chooses hunting above me. It also doesn't mean I give him an ultimatum. If I am giving an ultimatum, I am not loving him. You are asking for trouble, no one takes kindly to a decision between one or the other. If you are going to make a decision to have a relationship, you need to come to the realization that with it is going to come the item of compromise. My boyfriend used to hunt everything that had a season before he had a family. He now has eliminated certain seasons, he focuses on deer hunting and dove hunting. Honestly, this is working in HIS benefit, because I know how much he loves duck hunting, and now I am interested in going out to the lakes with him and giving it a try myself. If he would have made me angry about it, by constantly going duck hunting and leaving me at home with the kids, I would most definitely have hatred towards duck hunting and close the door on it.

Love doesn't include a "control" factor. You give, and when the chance comes, you take, and you compromise. It is no more ME, it becomes US, that is what love is about.

If you chose hunting over this woman's feelings, than obviously she isn't the woman for you. It is my opinion that you are not ready for that serious of a relationship anyway, you still have some wild oates to sow.... get r done, and THEN look for a lifelong companion, one you aren't afraid to give of yourself to. And for the record, NO ONE should EVER change their whole being to accomodate a person... like I said, it's about compromise.

Flintflinger 12-21-2004 12:10 PM

Badatta2d,
For most men, 5 minutes is way to long. You would only get the first set of pics. Set it for maybe 2 minutes, with 4 or 5 pics. Then you will get what your after. If it were set for 5 minutes, youd get 1 mybe 2 action shots and the rest would be of you sleeping. Now who wants to see that?

Just flingin some deer pellets guys. Nothing personal. LOL

Joe D. 12-21-2004 12:24 PM

I can't believe this post made it this far :(. You guys will grip about anything. Maybe Dr. Phil can help you out. Some of the responses were funny though.

Don't worry neck, there will be another bus coming around the corner that will be going your way.

silentassassin 12-21-2004 12:29 PM

It really bothers me when the "wearing the pants" lingo is used in reference to a marriage OR relationship. Who in the heck cares.
You may hate it but I can assure you that is how it is in my house. I love my wife very much and we typically make decisions together. She gets pretty much whatever she wants and gets her way the vast majority of the time and that is fine with me because I want her to be happy ............... but the bottom line is that I am the leader of the house and I will have the final say. Relationships are give and take and they have to be in order to last. But the bible says the man is supposed to be the ruler of the house. That is they way God intended it to be and that is how it is in our house. That is how my wife expects it to be and exactly how she wants it to be because she also believes that is how that God intended for it to be.

If you chose hunting over this woman's feelings, than obviously she isn't the woman for you. It is my opinion that you are not ready for that serious of a relationship anyway, you still have some wild oates to sow....

And for the record, NO ONE should EVER change their whole being to accomodate a person... like I said, it's about compromise.
BHG, aren't these two statements at odds with each other? He choose not be with this woman because she basically wanted him to change his very being.

Fieldmouse 12-21-2004 12:30 PM

Two most important things in a relationship. Yes Dear and Yes DEER. Hunt like you want. You will find someone who enjoys hunting or one that knows when hunting season is in. What else will you need in life? I can't remember who's post but a father in law with a lot of land wouldn't hurt.;)

quiksilver 12-21-2004 12:39 PM

But the bible says the man is supposed to be the ruler of the house. That is they way God intended it to be and that is how it is in our house. That is how my wife expects it to be and exactly how she wants it to be because she also believes that is how that God intended for it to be.
You've done went and fell out o' yer treestand, young man

Do you club her in the head and drag her around the house by the hair, too.

Charlie P 12-21-2004 12:42 PM

Only if she's in the right mood. Ugh ugh ugh.[8D]

silentassassin 12-21-2004 12:45 PM

You've done went and fell out o' yer treestand, young man

Quickie,

I think your over stepping you bounds a little here. I know you want to get a rise out of me and I am sure you don't read or believe in the bible but I can assure that is what it says.

quiksilver 12-21-2004 12:58 PM

You may hate it but I can assure you that is how it is in my house
I agree with the girl.

Buck Huntin Girl 12-21-2004 01:13 PM

I agree that men are, according to the Bible, to be the head of the household... totally understand that POV, however, I also know that the modern Church, or mine does anyway, agree with the fact that the man should make the best decision possible for the family, I don't personally feel that leaving your family at home 24/7 druing hunting season classifies as the best thing for the family. I am not saying that is what YOU personally do, but I think certain denominations of Bible believing Christians take that to an extreme. Southern Baptist is one of them, in some churches it is even accepted to beat your wife if she does not "submit". I just want people here to realize there is a fine line between what the Bible says and what some modern churches now preach. Submission is in fact in the Bible, but selflessness and selfishness are also addressed.

As I said, I am not attacking you personally, as I did not see anything in your post that indicated that you are selfish... I am just making a general statement. My church teaches that the men and women are to COME together to raise a family and are to compromise with each other and give and take... after all, isn't that what Corinthians 13, the utmost authority on unconditional love, teaches us?