HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/83192-my-girl-left-me-cuz-she-says-i-chose-hunting-over-her.html)

neck4752 12-19-2004 10:21 AM

my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her...

Not a big deal really i guess, was only with her for like 18 months, but im 21 and theres more girls out there. Just bummin about it. I shouldnt have had to choose right? I mean she made me make the choice, and I aint been huntin long but hell she might be beautiful girl but deer are real pretty too.

Oh well I only got a few days left in the season and after finals finish up Im gonna try and get 3 solid days in the woods!

Jim

atlasman 12-19-2004 10:27 AM

RE: my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her...

Better now then getting stuck listening to her bitch at you for the next 40 years.

If she doesn't get it now she never will.

My wife understands that when hunting season rolls around that is where my free time goes. She has me the rest of the year and that works out just fine for us.

buckeye 12-19-2004 10:30 AM

Atlas just layed it down pretty straight.

Good advice!

HUNGAR 12-19-2004 10:42 AM

Your right you shouldn't have to choose. My wife doesn't like how much I hunt, but she knows how happy it makes me and doesn't hassle me a bit she will even ask me if I'm going out before she commits us to anything. I also let her know how great I think she is for taking care of the boys and alot of other things I should be doing during the season. I think you made the right choice because if you think that you can change her your probably wrong, good luck on the next one your still so young. Take the next one out shinning (if legal) and glassing fields and see how she reacts, my wife actually enjoys this or maybe she just likes being with me and kids while we do it.:D:D:D

Elkcrazy8 12-19-2004 10:43 AM

Good riddins'.As I always say, I miss my ex-wife but my aim is getting better. I got sick of hearing the me over hunting thing too. Just made me want to hunt more. After that divorce I told the gals up front. I ain't changing for nobody. Love me for who I am or hit the road. Women came and went and hunting always stayed the same. I have been with the same one for 5 years now and she encourages me to go all the time. It makes me more tolerable when I am home. It also makes me hunt better knowing that I am not going to get a line of crap when I walk through the door. Good luck to you and happy hunting.

cardeer 12-19-2004 11:12 AM

Adios ,your better off without her. Let her marry some wimp and train him

dohcrxl 12-19-2004 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: neck4752

I mean she made me make the choice, and I aint been huntin long but hell she might be beautiful girl but deer are real pretty too.
LOL but you can't make love a deer. Well... maybe someone wont agree but I think you've gotta set woman time and woods time and be fair to both. If I had to, I suppose I could hunt the rest of my life and just maintain a monogamous intimate relationship with my hand but it'd be nice to have some woman once a while too.

IL-Cornfed 12-19-2004 11:56 AM

......well I'm gonna miss her.... NOT!! :D Don't need her then, UNLESS he Daddy has several acres!!! ;) Seriously, tell her that it took several years to get those antlers and mounts on your walls. Then simply remind her that it didn't take nowhere near that long to tag her! See ya baby! [:'(]

kevin1 12-19-2004 11:58 AM

She left because you chose hunting over her ,
and the question is ... ? ;)

I'll bet you'll miss her ... NOT !!

finner 12-19-2004 12:30 PM

Neck,

i went through the same ordeal last spring with my girlfriend but it was fishing in which i chose over her, it was hard at first to move, but after a while it was too bad...i guess the key is to find one that loves the outdoors as much as you do...or to find one that can tolerate you fishing and hunting ever day!!