HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/83192-my-girl-left-me-cuz-she-says-i-chose-hunting-over-her.html)

mauser06 12-19-2004 12:41 PM

RE: my girl left me cuz she says i chose hunting over her...

man im feeling lucky......i must have a keeper....girl was never around guns...hunting..fishing....outdoors.....nothing... ..i met her a month before hunting season......she saw my room and my truck and knew i loved to hunt.....told her i do.....and i hunt and fish alot.....sometimes i take trips and theres no way to reach me for a few days at a time....but im not ALWAYS gone....i showed her my picture album and she said she never saw anyone smile like that....it must really make me happy....and she understands hunting comes once a year.....and when i get a chance to go she doesnt mind.....i told her before season started it wont effect us and ill make time for her.....and i did......saturdays were mainly the only days i could hunt due to work all week and no hunting on sundays.....so id come home shower and go out with her....hunting seasons over.....i made it.....she is facinated by my turkey beard hanging from my rear view mirror.....and loves to hear hunting stories...and she asked me why i hunt one nite....i explained it all....from being in the woods when everything awakens and the sun comes up...till the sun setting over a field and listeng to the woods fall asleep....she loved it....i think ill hold on to her........keep lookin buddy.....youll find someone that dont mind you hunting......thats one of the first things i let girls find out....i know alot dont like it....but they dont even know WHY they dont like it....ewwww you hunt.....the end....women.................

Jack Ryan 12-19-2004 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Better now then getting stuck listening to her bitch at you for the next 40 years.

If she doesn't get it now she never will.

My wife understands that when hunting season rolls around that is where my free time goes. She has me the rest of the year and that works out just fine for us.
Ditto!

Good riddance.

Now you can find a GOOD one to replace her. One who can skin deer and clean fish. You got to get more choosy about who you date.

neck4752 12-19-2004 02:42 PM

thanks guys, I ll tell ya im down about it but this cheers me up reading these posts. Up here in liberal Taxachsetts there are not many girls at all that hunt or can bait their own hook even with a rubber worm, and hell i live on the outskirts of the Peoples Republic of Cambridge. haha

Thanks for all the words guys

Jim

nubo 12-19-2004 02:52 PM

My wife knew how much hunting was a part of my life before she met me ,she has her own interest's such as baseball ,which I don't play anymore because i would sooner spend time in the wood's .Your still young and as you say there's lot's of girl's out there and there's definetly one that will appreciate you for the person that you are and respect the hobbies that you choose ,no string's attached . I know there's time's that my wife get's a little ansy about how much time I spend hunting but she know's it's my passion.

Nubo

dkeener 12-19-2004 03:37 PM

Damn, I choose all kinds of things over my wife and she won't leave me..........
< ducking >
Ouch! Quit hitting me!
damn, I gotta go....

bob d 12-19-2004 03:56 PM

your better off

extreme1 12-19-2004 04:10 PM

If I had to, I suppose I could hunt the rest of my life and just maintain a monogamous intimate relationship with my hand but it'd be nice to have some woman once a while too
LMAO---that is still cracking me up;)

My wife used to be a little picky on when I go and when i return but now she dosn't bother me as much.We been together for 14 years and married for 10 and she knew what she got when she married me----I told her I would never change the way I love the outdoors.
Probably best that you dropped her for the deer anyways because if you stayed with her it would only get worse,and just imagine if you's had a kid together.
There are alot more"white tails"in the bush,sooner or later you will find one that likes you for who you are and what you do.Intill then have fun searching for the right one and good luck hunting,your young,have fun:)

livbucks 12-19-2004 08:43 PM

You say she left?
Problem solved..........

What was your question again?

kodiak41226 12-19-2004 09:00 PM

Consider yourself lucky. Many girls maskerade that they don't care how much you hunt, until you marry them. You should be thanking your lucky star that she showed the "I'll hate you for hunting" characterisctics early; it will save you from the "Big D" down the road.

My best hunting buddy only made it into the woods once this season, and you ask "why would he limit himself to one trip?" and he answers "I'm trying to not get divorced." Its no way to live, trust me.

Straightarrow 12-20-2004 05:06 AM

There are plenty of women out there who will let a guy have his hobbies and hunting time, without hassle. However, no matter who it is, you have to learn to give as well as take. Relationships don't last long if you don't figure out ways to make it up to your woman. There are a million ways to do this and all it takes is a little thought to figure out what will work for you.

The smart guy figures out a way to reward his girl with something special and to relate it to her tolerance of all his hunting. Pretty soon she'll be kicking you into the woods in order to get more of those "rewards". Just keep in mind, that guys who are always gone and do nothing to make up for it, will probably die a lonely soul.