Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 All these ethics posts, is anyone hunting? >

All these ethics posts, is anyone hunting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All these ethics posts, is anyone hunting?

Old 12-02-2004, 08:23 PM

Default All these ethics posts, is anyone hunting?

Is the hunting season dying down? Are folks not getting the big deer they always wanted? Maybe the short daylight hours? I am wandering why all the philisophical (sp?) ethics posts? Just take a look at the titles in the bowhunting section! Wow!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:29 PM

Default RE: All these ethics posts, is anyone hunting?

Yeah no kidding, lets all pray for 12 inches of snow and a standing cornfield.........back to hunting.

I think the ethics talk is kind of interesting actually.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-03-2004, 12:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Everyone is burnt out,I know I,m getting to that point after over 300 hours in a sports chair in the woods watching tree rats
Old 12-03-2004, 01:06 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

cardeer

Kill a tree rat and save a shed. Make some shed hunter happy!!

Actually still going fairly strong here and will hit it hard this weekend again. No time to be burned out. Still have a couple tags to fill. Once season is over, I will spend a lot of time with the family. Harrash the wife for a week so she remembers why it is not such a bad thing for me to be gone so much hunting. Also a good time to get the deer jerky made and stockpiled for the serious tromping my son and I do after bow season is over. We look for sheds/scout new area and the old until green up in the spring so I can start planning next year's bow hunting adventure. My son is a big shed hunting fanatic, I enjoy it too and it keeps the winter blues away. Life is good.

I can see why there are more ethic posts now though. The longer the season goes on, the more slobs you see or signs left that they have been out... the more ethic posts will be written. Just a way of venting your flustrations at the slobs.

Tim
Old 12-03-2004, 07:19 AM

I actually like these meaningful discussions. It sure beats the "I can't find him" threads.

Everyone is burnt out,I know I,m getting to that point after over 300 hours in a sports chair in the woods watching tree rats
How can you be bored? I've hunted 16 years and have yet to see a llama in the woods. I'd just die for a good quatering away shot at a llama.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I actually like these meaningful discussions. It sure beats the "I can't find him" threads.
Ya got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like to find out whats going on in other BOWHUNTERS heads![:-][:-]
Old 12-03-2004, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

. It sure beats the "I can't find him" threads.
I'll second that!!!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 10:11 AM

If you really look at it ethics should happen in the beging of the season and not the end. maybe its just me

Tim
Old 12-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah no kidding, lets all pray for 12 inches of snow and a standing cornfield.........back to hunting
Thats exactly what it is here,only 6 inches and a standing corn field about 100 yards from my stand.Short day light hours,yep.My shift work dosn't allow me to hunt on day shift,to dark whan i get home(days this week)I will be out all weekend though and most of next week(working mids)I am just hoping the deer are using the corn field and passing by my stand in the morn.Its my favorite stand and a real hot spot early in the season.

I like to read all these posts on ethics,nice to know how all the other hunters feel