Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Killed a doe

Old 11-29-2004, 06:28 PM

Default RE: Killed a doe

Congrats on your doe scottycar!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't worry about that ,he's just trying to get under your skin ,let it roll off and keep up the great work. Any deer with a bow is a sign of a true bowhunter .

nubo
Old 11-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: scottycar

I have a freind that been giving me a hard time about killing a doe she field dressed 135 pound He said that I'm not a real hunter until I kill a big buck. I've passed on some small buck 4 and 6 pointers I've just haven't seen the big one in shooting range. oh he has not killed a deer this year with his bow.
He's jerk'n yer chain bro. Don't let it rattle ya.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:30 PM

As was mentioned by a few already...Hunting is not about killing a big buck by any means. For me, hunting is much more than that. getting out from the daily hassles life brings. Seeing all that nature has to offer. Squirrles and chipmunk s playing on the ground and in the trees. Owls hooting in the early morning air, turkeys walking past scratching and pecking, and just seeing all that nature has to gie and making me realize there is more to life than the 9-5 and paying bills.
Getting what your hunting is second as to why I do it. A doe is as good as a buck in my eyes, because you are out doing what many have no idea about. Don't let comments like that deflate what you are doing. I feel at least two doe per buck should be taken anyway and I always take at least one doe per year and there are some years that I don't take a buck at all due to too small.
Just keep doing what you are doing and enjoy yourself, that is what it is about, not how big of what you get!
Old 11-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dont worry what the IGMO says ,congrates,A real man would of not made that statement
Old 11-30-2004, 08:49 AM

Both Bucks and does need to be taken. . .JMO, But, The big buck thing is mostly for ones ego. You did great.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

The taking of Does is more important to the management of the deer herd than the taking of a Buck. I've shot one of each this year and should take another doe or two. Shotgun/Muzzle loader season is coming and I'm kind of waiting to see how the boy does before I take any more does.

Don't let your "friend" rattle you. It's just as hard to take a mature doe as it is to take a mature Buck.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

A wise old 135# doe is going to be the hardest critter in the woods to kill. You will have less trouble killing the next world record than her!!!

Thanks for shooting her and letting the immature deer walk. You Da Man!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 04:32 PM

i remeber 2 years ago i shot a doe that weighed around 130-140 pounds and she was a beast. . . .congrats, that is a nice doe. . .and to take it with a bow makes it even more a trophy. . .as others have said any deer taken is a trophy and especialy those taken in archery, i shot a doe this year in archery, it was my first archery kill ever and i dont look down on myself any at all. . im proud and u should be too. . once again congrats!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

your buddy is a dork, don't listen to him. go out hunt and enjoy whatever animals you are fortunate to take.

Quick Reply: Killed a doe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.