Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far? >

What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far?

Old 11-30-2004, 08:41 PM

Default RE: What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far?

I was 14 years old when I got my first bow kill. I had been watching Dick Idol on some hunting videos, and he used an arrow against his quiver to imitate rattling. I figured if he could do it, I could. I banged and rubbed my arrow on the side of the quiver and literally 30 seconds later a 5 point ran in on a string and stopped directly under my stand. After the shot he only went 40 yards. It is still my most memorable hunt.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

This year itself has been my best moment. I have seen more bucks with potential to be nice in the next couple of years (pending they make it) that I let walk and just admired them. I saw a couple of them on more than one occation and just felt good about letting them walk on. The possibility of them making it is slim but there is still the chance and some day maybe my patients will pay off and I will be rewarded. Until then I will keep taking trophy class does and keep the freezer full.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

In 48 years of Bowhunting I have had many BUT my favorite experiences are when my son & brother have been with me & they bag an animal or have the shooting (maybe even miss). My son taking his Caribou at age 16 & my brother taking a good non-typical Whitetail. Just being together & sharing a good time. I have a daughter(she is a Nurse) that will be Bowhunting in the VERY near future. I took my son-in-law on a hog hunt this past week & he got his 1st kill & it's his 1st year Bowhunting. Seeing the look on his face was a thrill in itself. I can go on & on. I have tons of SPECEIAL times. Family & Friends make the hunts. Good luck to all.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two things stand out for me. First when my son (age 16) got me out of the woods when I broke my leg. He handled himself like the fine adult he is. He knew what to do and did it.

Second happened 3 weeks later when he shot his first buck with a bow. He is hoyt14 and the picture is in the bowhunting contest. I think it is on page 4.

Anyway bad season for me but I sure did learn what kind of fine young man I have raised. I couldn't be more proud of him.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:54 PM

Looking an 8 pointer dead in the eyes at 35 yds for a whole 10 seconds, heart-pounding, bow drawn, waiting for him to decipher whether I was a part of the tree or not.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:08 PM

For me it would definitely be seeing my fathers face after his first bowkill in over 15 years of trying. That will go down in the books and will never be outdone no matter how big my next kill might be.