Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Interested in Hunting Club Information/ NJ >

Interested in Hunting Club Information/ NJ

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interested in Hunting Club Information/ NJ

Old 12-02-2004, 12:46 PM

Default Interested in Hunting Club Information/ NJ

After approaching my new neighbor regarding my bowhunting his adjacent property (Hedge row) and being told that I cannot because it is already being hunted by two hunting clubs, I am resigned to the fact that in order to find decent land in NJ, I must join a club. Can anyone suggest clubs that are local to the Millstone, Jackson, Freehold area? I am absolutely sick of going to either Assunpink WMA or Turkey Swamp WMA and seeing bucks with the tops of their heads cut off and groups of 8+ hunters "driving" deer. I need to gain access to some of the "reserved/private" land. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Interested in Hunting Club Information/ NJ

Well, I thought it was only tough to find land to hunt in Northern Jersey. I thought down your way maybe it was better.... guess I was wrong.
I have been here near Morristown for 3 years now... and man do I miss PA. The little bit of public land is so stomped on by hunters it makes me sick. Every time out.... I am in my tree by 2:00 and all seetled in... the about 45 minutes before dark.... prime time... here comes some guy.... rushing into the woods right past me... or worse.... a couple guys... and there goes the magic last hour before dark.... down the old crapper.
I have been trying to find private land also... but most people around here are not only non hunters they are anti-hunting. They all get this look like you are a barbarian if you ask them for permission to hunt their land.
Next season I will still unt near here when I can.... but I am absolutely going back to Pa to hunt also.
Good luck