Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rocky mountain snypers >

rocky mountain snypers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rocky mountain snypers

Old 11-13-2004, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default rocky mountain snypers

has anyone used these heads before i had them this year but never got the chance to use them any good or bad about them. good luck to all those lucky enough to hunt during the rut i know i wish i could.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:10 PM

Default RE: rocky mountain snypers

I just ordered mine last week, and this morning got a complete pass through on a nice buck. They worked flawlessly, great blood trail, flew straight, and tore one he** of a hole in that buck! The buck went 85yds.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:33 PM

I just shot this buck... http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL326...9/73124614.jpg in the... http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL326...9/73124531.jpg this morning and he only went 50 yrds. My second try with a mechanical, first try was with a rockymountain ironhead xp, was pleased with it also, but more pleased with the snyper...actually liking the snyper better than anything else i've used or witnessed. Its not just hype, these things work good. I hit a fawn in september in the liver at 18 yrds with a B52...it went 100-130 yrds. Sold. Next year with my 72 ft/lbs of KE i'll be using the rockymountain gator xp.....that suckery might be the last broadhead i try for a good long while. Oh, broadhead is in perfect shape and still stupid sharp, just need an o-ring and it'll do it again.

B
Old 11-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

I love them. Been using them for two years and could not be happier. They will fly just like your field points. Actually the entrance hole sometimes is larger than the exit hole. If you go to this post http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=822495 you will see the results I had using them this year. One real advantage is quartering shots, the design will not deflect like some other mechanical heads. IMO one great broadhead.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:55 PM

Mine is a little banged up, the cut on contact blade is anyways, I went right through the ribs (2) and kept on going, the entrance hole was bigger than the exit hole.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=825697
Old 11-13-2004, 10:13 PM

Started using them this year and love them. I have shot two deer with them and recoved both within 20 yards. Good blood trails blades opened perfect. Fly just like my field points. I did do quite a bit of practicing with them out to 40 yards and them fly great.
Entrance holes have been bigger than exit but alot of damage in between.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

In the begining I was anti mechanical.... Totally a Muzzy man cause the first one's out were not the ones of today. I kept an open mind and after reading 5Shots reviews on several and especially the Rocky Mountain Snyper I decided to give them a try. I've shot 3 deer with the Snypers and have been thoroughly impressed with them. Like was mentioned above, the entrance hole is huge because of the design of the blades opening and the exit hole is excellent. The durability of the blades lack in my opinion but it doesn't matter, the damage to the deer is done and you should change the blades anyway. Excellent holes, great blood trails and short recovery on all 3 deer.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

great entrance and exit, lotsa blood