Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rocky Snypers

Old 06-10-2002, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rocky Snypers

I just got my Snypers. The blades are not very sharp. Question is, once I sharpensn them will it change the flight of the arrow? All you guys that have used them, What do you think of them?
Old 06-10-2002, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rocky Snypers

If the blades are not sharp I would contact Barrie archery and let them know. The ones I tested( and killed a nice deer last year with) would shave hair right out the pack. I would think that touching up the blades would not change the flight at all.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 06-11-2002, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Hey 5-Shot, Did you have a complete pass through with the Snyper? I just read another forum where a guy that used them last season and shot a buck and did'nt get a pass through. It was quartering away.

There he was broad side at 20 yards. I drew, released and....
Old 06-11-2002, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

My shot was 23 yards broadside, with a well tuned bow and 66ft/lbs of energy. I got a complete passthrough and the arrow burried in the ground a good 6 inches. I take all these reports of poor preformance with a grain of salt. In many cases people get poor preformance becuase of untuned bows, bad shot placement, or not enough Kinetic energy to be using a mechanical in the first place. I am not say that is the case all the time, but you need to keep those factors in mind. My shot on the other hand was picture perfect, which realy only tells me that with my setup and a good shot angle the Snypers preformed just as they should, and what I expected after my testing them.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS