Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Crapping away the season >

Crapping away the season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crapping away the season

Old 11-09-2004, 11:39 AM

Default RE: Crapping away the season

At one of our old leases we had built our camp outhouse with a shooting rest. The outhouse was positioned on top of a hill overlooking a penisula of land that dropped off on three sides into thick hill country brush. We all had seen deer along the end of the point and it just seemed logical to make the outhouse a dual purpose shelter! I never took a deer from there but just like a regular stand, I have logged in some time there!

I'd dig a hole and cover it up real well. Maybe give that little treat a few squirts of your favorite scent spray. I had read that human urine is non-threatening to deer as long as the donor wasn't drinking alcohol.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:10 PM

Okay, I don't know how much it effects hunting (crap, that is), but I crap in the woods enough at work--so I have myself on a schedule, and I am like clockwork! I eat at the same time every day, and 20-30 minutes after I get out of bed every morning, I take a class II download, and by the time the next one rolls around, I am getting ready to go to bed. It is hard to get on a schedule with bodily functions, but once you are there, it makes life much easier.
Pretty crappy situation to be in, sorry for your luck.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:29 PM

I have a friend the will tell you he pee's out of his stand.
I don't have any reason not to trust him, and he has bagged 5
nice deer this year.
I guess that is my $0.02 worth.