Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hello agian fellow hunters... >

hello agian fellow hunters...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hello agian fellow hunters...

Old 11-09-2004, 05:53 PM

Default hello agian fellow hunters...

ok...here is the deal..i havent saw a deer of any kind in the last 2 years...i thought i was doing everything right but i guess not...i know my sent control is good...i had a coyote come with in 10 feet of me the other day and didnt even know i was there...what the heck am i doing wrong...i love hunting but im thinking about giving it up..im getting tired of going through all the prep. to go hunting then not seeing nothing...just about every one else i talk to has atleast saw some...and even shot a few...but not me...please help............im hunting on management land...and i have tried hunting morning and evening
Old 11-09-2004, 05:57 PM

Default RE: hello agian fellow hunters...

ORIGINAL: hunternorm39

...i had a coyote come with in 10 feet of me the other day and didnt even know i was there...
Could be a contributing factor
Old 11-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Spike

try using somthing that the deer can smell like some molasses on a tree and i would shoot that yote if it leagle(sp) to . or try moving ur hunting location. Bow hunting is to exctiing to "give it up". Go ask a farmer if u can hunt his property.The worst he can say is no

huntingmichigan
Old 11-10-2004, 10:30 AM

well...im using vanilla and water...and doe urin...its driving me crazy...lol...and yes...your right...i love this sport...i have tried 4 diff. spots...still nothing...i thing the hunting gods are mad at me for somthing...lol
Old 11-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-10-2004, 07:00 PM

well...i try to hunt feeding areas...two of the spots im hunting now are feeding areas...i see tracks all over the place and a lot of fresh deer poop...the place is a field surrounded by woods all around it and i picked out a spot about 50 yards in the woods from the edge with good natural blinds...oh...i ground hunt...havent had enough $$$$ to get a tree stand yet...im telling you this is driving me crazy....oh...and thanks agian u guys for all of your help...
Old 11-10-2004, 07:01 PM

oops im hunting in fort payne alabama...in little river management area
Old 11-10-2004, 07:16 PM

Scout Instead of just go out and hunting go out and stalk around. Don't be mad if you jump a deer and it runs away. Find where the deer are at. This season i got permisson to hunt some ground two weeks in the season. Went out and was stalking, and jump some deer. Watch the trail they run away on. Find a good spot that day n come back a couple days later. This worked for me, even though i missed the big guy i saw in the same area.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

If you had a coyote 10 feet from you....are you on the ground or just very low in a tree?
If you're on the ground, are you concealing yourself well enough to keep ANY movements from being seen by deer, or are you using a portable blind? Right now, if you can find doe, you WILL find bucks. Don't be afraid to take an evening off, or a morning and do your best to try watching from afar.....with a spotting scope or binos. If you're hunting from the ground, even though it IS a rush to kill a deer from the ground, but it's much harder for scent control and movement from the ground.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:33 PM

ok u guys...i will try your suggestions...and agian...i really do thank you for your help...i really didnt know what to do...and i will let you know what happens...or dont happen...lol...thanks and good hunting