Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Little to no Blood Trail.... >

Little to no Blood Trail....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Little to no Blood Trail....

Old 11-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Little to no Blood Trail....

Watch to many old cowboy movies,The Rifleman
Old 11-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

i bet i hit it in the legs or some place not very vital. coyotes probably got it by now, thanks for the info, and all those questions, i aimed from the hip, it wasnt a confident shot, but looking at a buck of a lifetime it was a risk i was willing to take. but now i cant find it, so was it all worth it? never know.
THis HAS to be one of the worst all time statements I've ever read on a meassage board.

Words cannot describe my thoughts right now. [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:'(][:'(][:'(][:@][:@][:@]
Old 11-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Why in the world would you take a risk shot at any deer none the less a buck of a liftime![:@][:@][:@][:'(]
Old 11-08-2004, 12:12 PM

I'm curious to hear the stroy behind the shot. Why would you take a shot from the hip, when you could lift the gun up and then shoot him.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

This will be locked shortly after you get some honest opinions--i'll keep mine to myself[X(][:'(]
Old 11-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

bet i hit it in the legs or some place not very vital. coyotes probably got it by now, thanks for the info, and all those questions, i aimed from the hip, it wasnt a confident shot, but looking at a buck of a lifetime it was a risk i was willing to take. but now i cant find it, so was it all worth it? never know.
You idiot!!![:@][:@][:@]
Old 11-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why take a shot like that. We owe it to the animal we are hunting to make it as quick and humane as possible. Stuff like that gives us hunters a bad name...[:@][:@][:@]
Old 11-08-2004, 06:57 PM

sorry if i offened you guys, but the way i mean aimed from the hip isnt like it sounds, i aimed, for his chest but i didnt use the scope, it is possible to aim down the barrel, what can i say, i am only 17 everyone makes mistakes, but you dont have to be all pissy about it, i asked a question about blood trails, i didnt ask a question about my shooting ethics, i am always sure when i pull the trigger, but it dont always matter sometimes, just like shooting bow, the arrow doesnt always go where you intended, what can i say other than sorry for pissin you guys off so much.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:23 PM

oh jeez, i jsut read all of what you guys replied, and i read what i wrote the first time and second time, obviously i am not really into english much, sorry for the way i said it, sounds like i actually had the gun on my hip, you can tell you dont live where i do, everyone here woulda understood but i guess i didnt really do a good job describing it, up here aiming from the hip means like you aim, but you dont really aim it has to be a quick shot or your not gonna get the shot, you have to make weird adjustments, it isnt like i had the gun on my hip pullin the trigger, man i dont evne know why i am trying to explain this... but i had my gun to my shoulder and i aimed. think what you want, sayin hunters like me give the sport a bad name, it is the youth of today that you are passing the tradition on to, if you want to bash hunters and not tell them right from wrong without full detail on what even happened go ahead and do that, you can say in your youth if you hunted you didnt do something stupid, you have to remeber to be old and wise you first have to be young and stupid. (i thought it was probably like boone and crocket but my friend had seen him and said he would be like lower 150's) just wanted to clear that up. but if you want to keep bashin the shot keep on doing it, because what is done is done, oh and i dont think we killed him either, the next morning we were back out and we thought we seen the big buck walking up a draw about 1/2 mile out.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:23 PM

I got a double lung hit on a buck early this season, and for some reason I, also, didn't have a good blood trail. It was also about dark. I just walked where I last saw him. After I lost the blood trail, I walked in circles around that area, stepping out 15 to 20 yards every full circle for about 2 1/2 hours before I had found him. He only went 120 yards or so. That would be my advise to you. My question to you is, where do you think you hit him. If you think you got a decent hit on him you should find him. If you think it was a bad hit, you're probably out of luck.

Quick Reply: Little to no Blood Trail....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.