Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Two bad years in a row. >

Two bad years in a row.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Two bad years in a row.

Old 01-07-2002, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Two bad years in a row.

Bow season ended this past Saturday and I did'nt use a single tag. I had my shots. It started w/ the second week of archery season. I took a shot at a little doe. She was broad side, about 15 yards. I made a good hit. She ran off so I waited for about an hour to sart the search. When I got down I found my arrow with bubbley red blood. I started on the blood trail. As I was following it a saw a van drive down the road(not thinking anything of it I continued w/ the search), then I hear a door slam. I still don't think anything of it till I find the trail end onside of the road. They stole my deer. I was pissed off. Never did see that van again.
The next deer I shot I grazed it, I found hair but no blood on arrow or anywhere else. I did'nt take a deer last year either. I've been hunting for 15 years and these past two years have been the only years I have'nt taken a deer since I began the hunting obsession. I hope my slump ends now and when the season opens back up in October I get one. Oh Cardeer if you read this, can you save a necklace for me.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Two bad years in a row.

Thats how it works sometimes....There is always next season.....9 months and counting...
Old 01-07-2002, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Virginia Hunter,

I, too, have been bowhunting for 15 years. I have had more years when I didn't kill and recover a deer than years I did. However, every year in which I spent time in the woods, I had a successful hunt! We each have to determine what makes for us a successful hunt.

We are not all privileged to go on guided hunts where there is a high success ratio, like we see on the hunting videos. Just as with Hollywood movies, that is not real life. Real life is what we the common man experiences on our hunts. I would rather have a season of deerhunting with no harvest, than to have no season at all!

Bill
Old 01-07-2002, 02:13 PM

I started hunting not to long ago. In 2000, I hunted all season and didn't see a thing. Don't get me wrong, there were deer and I was a good hunter. This year I saw 9 deer, but they were too small. I am lucky I have a place to hunt, there is always next season.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:20 PM

wel maybe next seasonw ill turn out better for u virginia hunter only 9 more months
Old 01-13-2002, 04:48 AM

Sorry to hear that , hang in there it gets better .
Old 01-13-2002, 07:16 AM

Stick with it.....Your luck will change!
Old 01-13-2002, 10:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-13-2002, 10:16 AM
JPS

VH,
I know how you feel,last year I missed a 120 class buck,shot under him. This year I missed a 110-115 class buck.I shot under him too.I was so disgusted I could have bawled but that is hunting.Oh well maybe next year.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

bad mojo dude...hit the sweat shops, do the dance, burn and pierce yourselfs and pray to the spirits of the hunt!