HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Two bad years in a row.
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2002, 07:28 AM
Virginia Hunter
Fork Horn

Default Two bad years in a row.

Bow season ended this past Saturday and I did'nt use a single tag. I had my shots. It started w/ the second week of archery season. I took a shot at a little doe. She was broad side, about 15 yards. I made a good hit. She ran off so I waited for about an hour to sart the search. When I got down I found my arrow with bubbley red blood. I started on the blood trail. As I was following it a saw a van drive down the road(not thinking anything of it I continued w/ the search), then I hear a door slam. I still don't think anything of it till I find the trail end onside of the road. They stole my deer. I was pissed off. Never did see that van again.
The next deer I shot I grazed it, I found hair but no blood on arrow or anywhere else. I did'nt take a deer last year either. I've been hunting for 15 years and these past two years have been the only years I have'nt taken a deer since I began the hunting obsession. I hope my slump ends now and when the season opens back up in October I get one. Oh Cardeer if you read this, can you save a necklace for me.