Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New York Southern Tier Hunters????????? >

New York Southern Tier Hunters?????????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New York Southern Tier Hunters?????????

Old 10-31-2004, 11:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default New York Southern Tier Hunters?????????

What's the state of the wild apples this year around Binghamton, Norwich, Oxford, Bainbridge area????? I'm coming up 3 days before the firestick shooters hit the woods. If there are apples I know where I'll be..... if not I'll have to do a whole lot more scouting than I want to. I'm going to be alone and would truly love to not have a long drag.[&:][:'(] If there are no apples I may just try and new spot I was put on to two years ago but never hunted.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:59 AM
kec

Default RE: New York Southern Tier Hunters?????????

I'm about hour east of binghamton. Apples still on the trees but falling fast. Brisk winds today cleaned off alot of the remaining leaves, apples are falling rapidly. I have about 75-100 apple & pear trees. I'd say about 60-70% of apples have come off of my trees so far. The deer are still hitting em strong but expect they'll be looking for new food sources before gun season. We've already had 4 days below 30 degrees so far with the lowest being 22 degrees (I'm at about 2000' elevation). Guess its iffy on the apples to last thru 11/22. Good Luck n Good Huntin!
Old 10-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, the apples I'm thinking of are in a sheltered gully between some big pines and brush. They usually hang in there late if there are any. Last year was a great crop in that hole. I was just hoping there are some again this year. There are about a dozen wild old trees surrounded by this brush and low area. I saw 11 in there Saturday night last year just before the season. It's public ground but no one seems to hunt there.[8D]
Old 10-31-2004, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen a lot of apples on most healthy trees. Big winds today may speed up the drop. I was hunting near E. Pharsalia/McDonough.