Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

about the upcoming firearm season southern tier new york

Old 11-13-2007, 03:14 PM

Default about the upcoming firearm season southern tier new york

hey first and for most i would like to say good luck to all and second i want to smash on the subject... i am so exited about the upcoming firearm season in new york souther tier. Iwas wondering if anybody went out scouting or went bowhunting thisyear, andhow do you thinkother new yorkers, and yourself are going to do, i havent had achance to scout, and i am not a bowhunter so i cant tell you guys anything about the movement or about how many deer ive seen, somaking a long story shortdoes anybody think that this year is going to be better than last year??i am so exited and i can wait until this saturday so idecided to ask you about the amount of deer movement youve seen, okay thank you and once again good luck this firearm season
Old 11-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: about the upcoming firearm season southern tier new york

It cant get any worse than it was last year in Tioga county.Were seeing some deer but nothing to get excited about.It was pretty warm last year so maybe this colder weather will make a difference but only time will tell.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's going to be better than last year. In fact it may be one of the best opening weekends ever for shotguners. From what I've seen (over 100 hours on stand during bowseason), the rut is going to be in full swing right around opening day of gun. NY bowhunters (at least my area) are going to miss it this year. The action is just starting to pick up now. By Saturday it's going to be a bloody mess with all the bucks chasing does all over the place.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

NYB - I'm near you and thats what I see too.
Lots of chasing started this week with little catching.
Maybe bad weather would slow the slaughter a bit.

Steve
Old 11-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear about the rut activity. I had a hunch the rut would be close to opening day of the gun season this year. Everything seemed pushed back at least two whole weeks this year. The foliage was still green and on the trees two weeks after it's typically already down in the area I hunt. This was HIGHLY unusual!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

I will guess it is going to be one of the most active opening days ever. The weather patterns look good to be cold and the bucks have just started chasing hard for less than a week now and not many does ready yet. It is going to be a good one.