Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Digital Camo

Old 10-21-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Digital Camo

Has anyone used either of the new U.S. Marine Corp digital camo patterns yet? I'm thinking that when the leaves fall off the trees the desert pattern might make a fine blend yet the woodland (lack of a better name) is very good looking too.

I stopped a young Marine the other day and talked to him about his new uniform and it looked to be a durable garmet as one would expect.

Bump and here is a pic of the pattern.

Old 10-21-2004, 08:58 PM

Default RE: Digital Camo

bump
Old 10-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had never heard of it until now. It is difficult to judge how effective it might be in my area just by looking at a small pic of the pattern...However, I am sure it must be effective in some terrains as I cannot imagine the Marines using it otherwise.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:06 AM

I bought a set at the Army/Navy store over the summer. So far, I've only worn them while sitting in a box stand. Maybe I will do some photo tests next week.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

You know what ?
If you squint a little it kinda looks like Natgear , a nice open pattern . I was curious about them too , and considered buying some to check them out . I also recently saw some bulk fabric at a notions counter that had a copycat pattern . Sportsman's Guide has them in BDUs right now .
Old 10-22-2004, 06:50 PM

That's a pretty good price that they have from what I have come across. Why is it I can always talk myself into buying new camo but I wear the same old crap day in and day out? I have 2 pair of shoes, sneeks and boots, that I wear everyday but I have plenty of hunting boots and even scent loc sneekers for the warm hunts.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:08 PM

the wild thing about the digital camo is the computers in a military helicopter can pick it out and know its a friendly. it has some kind of code embedded in the pattern the computer recognizes. that's no bs. so, if anything wild goes down put it on.