Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Digital Camo Patterns? >

Digital Camo Patterns?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Digital Camo Patterns?

Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Spike

Default Digital Camo Patterns?

I have been hunting with a variety of camo patterns (MO Break Up, Natural Gear, MO Brush, a couple Realtree patterns, and some ASAT). I guess I am just interested in trying different things to see which works. I have had success with each but I'm looking at getting a total new set of camo and had a question about the digital camo. I have also looked at thePredator camo (whichImaygo with),some Mothwing stuff and all the Outfitter type camos.

I live in Western Kansas and I don't know if it's possible but I am trying to find a camo that I could wear for three different situations 1. Hunting coyotes in open pastures & canyons 2. Hunting deer & turkeys on the ground in areas with grass, cottonwoods, a few oaks, and some other hardwoods(I do use a blind sometimes) 3. Hunting deer from a treestand in the same type of area. Terrain is usually pretty brown and the only time a dark or green camo would work for me is the spring when the trees actually have green leaves for awhile.

So now you know the story, have any of you used any of the brands of digital camo. The two I have noticed in my seach have been the Digital Confusion offered by River's West and the Digital UA offered by Under Armour (man that stuff is expensive). I understand the concept behind the digital camo but when viewed from either close up or far away do they look like a big dark blob? This may not be the camo for me but I am somewhat intrigued so if anybody has tried it please give me a few thoughts.

Thanks,

Ty
Old 01-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Digital Camo Patterns?

Enigma is a very popular camo on here i dont have any myself but take a look at the test photos...

http://enigmacamo.com/
Old 01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Spike

Yeah I have thought about that one also. Looks pretty cool and would probably go pretty good with my area. It kind of looks like it has a bit of the digital stuff in it to. I may have to check it out. My hunting buddy and I were thinking of getting a bunch of t-shirts in the different styles and taking pictures like I've seen many do with whole outfits on this site. Figured that if we got 5 or 6 different t-shirts it wouldn't be terribly expensive and we could snap a few test shots in the places we hunt. Wouldn't be the whole outfit for a test but at least it would give a guy an idea.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Man I have a whole crap load of digital camo... the Marines and Army use them... I use my Marine Corp diggies for deer hunting.I think they work decen, but sure arent the best thing out there
Old 01-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Mothwing Fall Mimocry and it works PERFECT for my area. I had a story posted up about how I had a doe running right at me and I ended up missing her because she jumped the string pretty bad, but that's what I was wearing. The stuff works well for me.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Spike

I've been checking out that Mothwing camo and I think that the "Canyon Mimicry" would work well out here. Did you go with the Sitka gear because that is basically all I have been able to find with the mothwing patterns. Let me if you know of other clothing places that offer the patterns.

Ty