Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Poll: Buck Movement >

Poll: Buck Movement

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poll: Buck Movement

Old 10-21-2004, 07:37 AM
Spike

Default RE: Poll: Buck Movement

Here in NW Ohio they are just starting to move. Rubs and scrapes just showing up in the last week. Wet weather is keeping the farmers out of the fields, would be nice if the crops were off.

I've been out 1 morning and 2 evenings and have only seen one small buck. He came from behind my tree, must of saw me turn to look his direction took a right turn into the woods off the trial. This was before I had a head net & wasn't wearing a hat. Big flesh colored sphere floating 20' off the ground must of caught his attention.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been seeing some smaller bucks moving during the early morning and between 5:45 and 6:00 p.m I've had three different small bucks (5pt, 4pt, and a spike) pass beneath my stand on a daily basis, just like clockwork. I haven't been seeing some of the big boys that I saw before season a few times. Just yesterday I went out and picked up my game cam film (the roll was full). I had just repositioned it a few days ago and was surprised to find that so many pics had been taken. I went and got the film developed and last night I got to enjoy looking at them. I had a nice 9 or 10 (hard to tell from the angle of the pic) hanging out at just before 9:00 pm, and several other smaller bucks and a couple of other decent bucks showing up at all hours of the night. Mostly between the hours of midnight and 2:00 am. I think they'll start coming out during the daylight hours soon. So find the does and hunt where they are, and soon enough you'll get your chance at that big boy.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt sw brown county ohio, and i have only seen one doe, and thats the doe my friend shot for a managment deer!! ONe shot One kill!! I havent see squat!!! I am going out tomorrow which is friday, its suppose to be warm, like in the 70s in the afternoon, its still pretty green in the woods, hopefully this rain had knocked down alot of the leaves off the trees. I have put some mock scrapes out last time which was sunday to get the bucks moving, but the trails havent been being used, we have no acorns, i think the deer are on someones crops or food plot i dont know about, i hope they pick that stuff soon to get them back in the woods!![:@]
Old 10-22-2004, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out last evening, had a doe and her youngin pass by be,but I wasnt interested in shooting another doe, so I let them ease through. I had 7 longbeards fly up to roost not 23 yards behind me , I could of shot one but alas I didnt by a replacement turkey tag [:@] so no turkey for me
When I left the fields were full of deer, but no bucks sighted in the fields.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not a lot of scrapes of rubs this year. It may come a little late. We have seen a lot of does and small bucks all hours of the day in Southerntier NY. I took a doe this past Sunday. Haven't seen any big boys yet though.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto that in NY. Seeing lots of does and smaller bucks all hours of the day. Activity is really starting to pick up now.

Anyone else have the same results when there's an east wind?
I've had the same results here. Never see squat with an east wind except for last night I had a 6 pointer 10 yards broadside and a little later 2 does about 10 yards broadside. Go figure. Might be the first 3 deer I've seen with an East wind.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:15 AM

I've seen a few rubs pop up, but nothing major. Not seeing any buck movement during the day
Old 10-22-2004, 09:38 PM

I'm in the Eastern Texas Panhandle. I keep deer log as well. No correlation between deer sightings and wind direction for me.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in southern Michigan and all I have seen so far this fall is spikes, and lots of them. All summer, I was seeing good bucks around and could darn near set my watch by them. Now I don't see them at all. Have been seeing rubs around for quite some time, but no scrapes yet. Hopefully soon! Farmers are planning on cutting corn anytime now. Will help when this rain stops.

clattin