Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 22 days between big buck movement? >

22 days between big buck movement?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

22 days between big buck movement?

Old 11-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Spike

Default 22 days between big buck movement?

A couple saturdays ago we got out to the field about an hour two late, it was just light enough to see a figure of a dear about 80 yards away. So we stopped and waited for her to move on and about 5 minutes later a buck and 3 more does stand up and start moving off. So we back out to go in to our stands a different way, and I glass out in the draw and see this monster walking the tree line with the does, and look to my left and see another giant. So I sneak out to my stand, and my dad just glasses from up on the hill. On my way out I see another buck, a real nice 8 point bedding out in the open with 4 or 5 does. I decide to get in the closest stand, so I dont have the chance of gettin busted. Then I watch a real nice 10 point walk right under my stand I was originally supposed to be in, but hes headed my way. So I get ready, Im shakin like crazy and he comes in to about 40 yards quartering to me and I didn't feel safe with the shot so he moved off. About 15 mnutes before this my dad is walking out to his stand and out comes a deer out of the creek beside him but doesn't see my dad. Then a bigger one starts chasing him out. Around 11 the movement went cold, so we got out of our stands and started talking to the land owner, he decided he wanted another stand by the creek where my father seen these deer, so we get out there, were about 20 yards from the creek and were talking for a couple minutes then crashin out of the creek comes this absolute Giant. 13 scorable points with 2 broken off, his spread was atleast 3 inches outside of his ears and had to atleast have 12 inch tall tines. Were in camo but the landowner is just in his work clothes, here we are without our bows with the monster at 30 yards. I bet for 15 minutes he pranced around trying to catch us move, he would look away and look back real quik to try to catch us. So he finally figured we were safe, and startes heading ack into the creek, next thing we know he is gettin run off by an even bigger buck! The big buck starts heading into the creek and chases out yet another really nice buck. Now weve got 3 trophys, at 30 yards, 3 hunters and no bows!
After that morning everything seemed to go cold. Ive only seen a few does, one small spike and a small 8-point since. Now I just heard that 22 days after a day like that they are going to be doing the same thing. Is there any truth in that? Man these things are so hard to figure out, but even though I didn't get anything this has made my whole season.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 22 days between big buck movement?

You will be lucky to have another day like that EVER!
Old 11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Tribal

You will be lucky to have another day like that EVER!
The perfect answer.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:43 PM

Just where in the hell are you hunting; the zoo???
Old 11-29-2007, 03:45 PM

Where did you get the 22 days?I would take half that action every 44 days and be more thanhappy.Let us know how things work out.

[/align]
Old 11-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Spike

Ive heard this from two different people now so I guess I will find out next sunday whether or not it is the truth. I don't know what it was but one morning and one morning only deer were running around like they were crazy. This is only my second year deer hunting, and last year I had already shot mine in october. It seems like everytime I go out I learn something new and I figured this was just some part of the rut, where it was able to be predicted. Thanks