Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 calling question >

calling question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

calling question

Old 10-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default calling question

hey
just wondering how much calling i should do out on the stand and how much is overdoing it? also i have a knight and hale ez grunter and after a couple calls the reed sticks up and im screwed for the rest of the day... any suggestions on fixing this?
thanks
pat
Old 10-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: calling question

I would say get a H.S. True Talker. I bought one based on other posts I read and it really is agreat sounding call. The inside sound chamber is made of wood and they say the reed wont stick, seems to be true so far. As far as how often most thing I have read say no more than every 20 to 30 minutes per series.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: calling question

"how much is overdoing it?".......... IMHO, I think about everytime you call when you can't actually see the deer is just about overdoing it. Blind calling has educated MANY a buck! Also when you are just talkin' about grunting and bleating, your calls can't carry that far through average timber so chances are that unless you can see the animal you probably couldn't get calls to him anyway? Banging the horn together ius about the only way to get some noise out there that I know of. I will also add that as mentioned above, I would invest in a HS True Talker. This call sounds more authentic than anything I've ever tried. Good luck and good hunting