Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Grunting how tos???Help me please >

Grunting how tos???Help me please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Grunting how tos???Help me please

Old 10-18-2004, 08:46 PM

Default Grunting how tos???Help me please

could you please let me know how and when to use a grunt call, I have a tru-talker call and it can make several sounds but when and in what situations should I use them in. I live in the northwestern part of Wisconsin, would love to hear from you on this matter please, ohh if you would alos your input on rattle bags same questions when and how often to use. Thanks Tom Jennings
Old 10-18-2004, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Grunting how tos???Help me please

try this link it should tell you everything you want to know

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/featu...deergrunt.html
Old 10-18-2004, 09:42 PM

What i have had success with in the past concerning the grunt call and rattle bags is pre-rut and rut itself. I give 2-4 grunts about every half hour or so. The grunts can be varied in time in between. Usually a grunt----------grunt----grunt-------------------------grunt works for me. And you can always chime in rattle bags. If its the prime of the rut or just before, go hard or go home. I clash them together for about 35-45 seconds hard. Then stop for about 15 seconds and then go a little bit softer for about 25 seconds. And then softer yet for about 15 seconds like the fight is coming to an end. I have always had success ratling and grunting in the past. Its a very effective tool. Good luck!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 05:47 PM

Huntingheck69 has mentioned the best web site I have seen. You can play all the bleats / grunts and copy them with your own calls.