Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Archery 3-D competition in your area? >

Archery 3-D competition in your area?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery 3-D competition in your area?

Old 03-04-2002, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Archery 3-D competition in your area?

I was curious about 3-D archery competitions in your area. Do you go to them? How much to compete? Do the organizations who run them make money? Do they rent the targets?

I myself would like to run one.
I went to one that was set up nice but to pricey for me. 13.00 dollars to shoot and no competition set up. I would like to do it on the local golf course seeing it is out of season here.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-04-2002, 10:55 AM
tm
Fork Horn

Default RE: Archery 3-D competition in your area?

Not many shoots in my area, but I go whenever there is one. Some have gone to just a fun shoot, adn some give awards. I seriously doubt if you could rent targets, ground and get insurance and make it pay. Clubs can get cheaper insurance and spread the cost of the targets out over several shoots, + just setting a good shoot up requires several hours or days.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:18 PM
Spike

We seem to have quite a few here in St. Louis and vicinity. I could shoot anywhere from 1 to 3 on most every sunday till about the end of april then it seem to slow down quite a bit. I usually go about 2 out every 3 sundays. The cost is 10 bucks with a few of them charging 12 this year. For anywhere from 30 to 50 targets. Top 3 finishers
usually gets a trophy in all classes. And yes I believe there is a local archery shop that does rent their targets though I have no idea any of the details.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

There are alot of 3-D shoots in my area,you can find one almost every weekend from March through late September.The cost ranges from $8-to-$10 depending on what division you want to compete in,Money stakes are usually harder shots then a regular bowhunting stake,and they payout money to the top 3 shooters(this is the $10 class.)Most clubs hold the shoots they furnish the targets,and yes they do make money,but,they also have to pay for insurance,and other related costs.If you want to get into having 3-D shoots you will need atleast 30 targets,and land to set them up.Most clubs in my area also hold I.B.O. and O.A.A. sanctioned shoots as well,it will cost you more to shoot at these sanctioned shoots and they are usally pretty tough for the average shooter.
Old 03-04-2002, 05:47 PM

We have a 3-D shoots every weekend thru- out the summer and ends just before the hunting season.the cost averages out at 10.00 for the first round then the second is 5.00 if you want but you can'tput the score down for the second round. In silver Bay you can buy tickets in advance and you can buy alot of them and save some for future shoots.They don't expire.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]