Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody else off to a bad start? >

Anybody else off to a bad start?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody else off to a bad start?

Old 10-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anybody else off to a bad start?

So far my bow season hasn't gone quite as planned. I have missed two deer so far (One hit a branch, the other my arm got caught in my saftey belt) and I just found out I have to work all week after school and then go to my dads this weekend. I couldn't make it out this weekend so that means I won't be able to hunt for two whole weeks O well at least I got out a couple of times and saw some deer.

Anybody else having trouble getting the season started?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:02 PM
kec

Default RE: Anybody else off to a bad start?

I'd take a bad start right now!!!!...LOL... - Still have till wait until 10/15 before our Bow season opens. At least you have been hunting!

Look at it this way, It can only get better....Right?

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll find the groove soon.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:16 PM

I can see why you might be a little frusterated but I guess I look at it diffrently then you. I just love being in the woods. Sitting in a tree freezing my you know what's off makes it worth while to me. Bagging a deer or good buck is just iceing on the cake.

You're seeing deer and that's 50% of the challenge. You've got some shot opportunities and that's also part of the game. I'm willing to bet that the third time will be the charm for you. I'm expecting to see pics with a story very soon!
Old 10-12-2004, 01:29 PM

6 hunts = 0 deer sightings............Yeah, I would call that a bad start.....
Old 10-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks adams! I love being in the woods just as much as you, trust me. If I don't get a deer I still have fun and I love just watching them. Just when I get that opportunity and blow it, I get frustrated. Thanks for the Optimisim though!
Old 10-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmm.....

3 hunts. 1 deer sighting. I'm off to a slow start, but hey, at least I saw something (a tiny yearling doe - I should have taken her, but decided not to).

Butch A.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:40 PM

I'm sorry to hear about that, but like the others said, just getting out there is good enough.

I can't complain though, this year has started hot. I have had 7 encounters with bucks, bagged a doe, and saw more deer than my entire archery season last year and the season is only a little over a week old! I still got 4-1/2 weeks left!

Keep your chin up, right now the action is starting to slow down a bit, dang October Lull! At the end of the month, everything will kick into over-drive!
Old 10-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been three times. Busted by a couple does the first time, absolutely nothing the second and a four pointer and a couple does the third.

It's fun but after a while you really start getting anxious to do more than watch birds and squirrels!
Old 10-12-2004, 01:55 PM

I got off to a slow start, past up a few deer the first couple days, then went 14 days in the stand without seeing a single deer. That was a tough stretch, and took some patience. In the last week I have seen deer every night out and have arrowed a doe and a 7pt.

Your gonna have ups and downs, the times you cant get in the woods, make getting back in the stand that much more exciting. A couple misses make that the one you hit that much more rewarding. If you hunted every day and everything went perfect all the time and you always got a deer, I would think hunting might get boring. When I went 2 weeks without seeing a deer, the first deer I saw was a little button buck, but he got me all worked up and excited.....cant beat that feeling. Hang in there man things will come around for ya.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

You want to hear a Bad start?? so far NO time hunting and possibly none this year. I injured my elbow at work last week and my be out this season. This was the year I bought a brand new Bowtech also. If I owned a crossbow I could still go out but I'm not a crossbow owner. We'll see how it goes. Good luck Jim

Quick Reply: Anybody else off to a bad start?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.