Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody else off to a bad start? >

Anybody else off to a bad start?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody else off to a bad start?

Old 10-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anybody else off to a bad start?

I can't complain a bit. Opening weekend it was hot and windy I only went out two mornings and had 3 does within bow range but standing on a farm road. Last week I hunted Moose and was succsesfull in filling my tag. Sunday night I passed on around a 100" eight point. That was tough to do considering my biggest scores around 80". But I know theres a few nicer bucks in my area so I'm going to wait.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Same deal... crops were late coming off(in fact they're still not off). Been seeing lots of does and passed a couple small bucks. Usually by this time of year I have 3 or 4 deer down including 2 or 3 bucks. I'm not really concerned. If it happens fine. If it doesn't fine. I don't really care as long as I put one in the freezer. I figure it's everyone elses deer I'm not shooting right now.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lefty26:

Congrats. You are right. The five times in the woods seeing nothing makes getting your first of the year all that much better. You know what "they" say, if you got something every time you went out they wouldn't call it "hunting," they'd call it "killin."
Old 10-12-2004, 03:10 PM

WEATHER WAS BAD FOR OPENING DAY VERY WINDY, DIDNT SEE NO DEER, WOODS WERE KIND OF THICK WHERE I HUNT BEING THIS WAS THE FIRST YEAR BOWHUNTING THIS AREA,JUST SHOTGUN AND BLACKPOWDER THERE,DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO GO OUT TODAY WIFES GOT AJOB AND WE ONLY HAVE ONE VECHILE, THE AREA I BOW HUNT THEY LOG IT PAVED IT AND ARE GOING TO BUILD ON IT, WHAT A BUMMER BECAUSE ITS 114 ACERS RIGHT OUTSIDE MY DOOR WERE I SPENT ALL5YEARS PATTERN THESE DEER AND ITS RUIN, CAUSE SOME RICH DEVELOPER WANTS IT, THE ONLY DAY I CAN GET OUT NOW IS SATURDAY, [:'(][:@][:'(][:@]
Old 10-12-2004, 03:24 PM

I haven't bagged any either. Opening weekend I missed twice. However, those were just bad aiming. I had a shot at one another time, but was busted lifting the bow. I saw plenty of deer, though. Heck, I climbed in the stand last sat. morning and got sick once I was settled. yep, spilled my beans all around my stand. 20 mins. later I heard something walk by in front of my. however, it was still dark.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea its been slow for me, atleast my friend eric got a small doe, last sunday. The fields have not been picked yet...................i dunno why?? The deer are not really in the woods in my area, they are more in the fields and back to bedding area, which i avoid till the rut. My buddy eric shot this doe on the ground from his stool with his bow, and i was dressed like i am and was sitting on a bucket with some red man select chew!

Old 10-12-2004, 03:41 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Same thing here. Got 6 hours in on opening day. I'll get myself out there yet.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

I seen some monsters around but can't hunt right now.My father is in the hospital,in Intensive care.Between work and the hospital there is no time to get out.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

LOL...another Ny'er waiting until 10/15 before I can get out. How about this to start the season...I planned to take Friday off from work to go to camp with my 15 year old son and my buddy. THEN I got a call today for a job interview Friday at 3:30. The nerve of this guy scheduling an interview on a Friday afternoon, PLUS opening day of bow! I'm praying for the job, then the deer!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mines not going quite how I pictured it. So far I haven't seen buck! I've been out 8 times and had 3 shot opportunities on does (decided to take one). Hopefully it will START RAINING BUCKS SOON!

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Anybody else off to a bad start?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.