Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you get out of your stand with does around? >

How do you get out of your stand with does around?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you get out of your stand with does around?

Old 10-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default How do you get out of your stand with does around?

A doe came in right at dark tonight. I contemplated a shot but passed it up. It was just too marginal in the low light. Had fun watching it move around my stand, then another one came in and walked right under my stand. Couldn't see if it was a buck or doe. Finally it was real dark, I was ready to leave but these two deer were still around. I didn't want to let them know where I was so I tried everthing to spook them - throwing an apple, grunting, growling, howling. This one just stood there and stomped. Maybe it was a buck and wasn't going to give in to an invader it couldn't smell? maybe I shouldn't have woried about them picking me off in the dark? What do you guys think?
Old 10-11-2004, 11:08 PM

Default RE: How do you get out of your stand with does around?

More than likely it was not a buck that stomped, I just wait till dark and get down, make alot of noise and they will not stick around too close to spot you easy. They move around at dark and will smell your tree and stand after you have long gone and you will leave scent walking out so they will know where you were at.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How do you get out of your stand with does around?

Lower your bow quitely. When it's down allow it to startle the deer. They won't no whats making the noise on the ground and just leave.