Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your odor from that mouth >

Your odor from that mouth

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your odor from that mouth

Old 10-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Your odor from that mouth

I have been hearing people talk about there morning activities before they hunt and everyone talks about the negative apects of coffee on the breathe! I think it is fine if you eat an apple or two after the drink. Anyone else practice that trick. It works for me and my mouth doesnt have that I just licked an ashtray and rinsed it down with a bucket of java taste. Apples, they work, thanks Johnny Appleseed!
Old 10-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your odor from that mouth

I admit this is probably my worst issue when it comes to scent control. I really pay little attention to my breath. I frequently go out with coffee breath.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always take some wintergreen or speramint gum. Its doesn't smell of human nearly as bad as diet coke and a pop tart.....lol
Old 10-05-2004, 08:54 PM

Just gargle with a little Tinks 69 and you should be good to go all morning.[:'(]
Old 10-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll have to try that birdhunter1 !

Good Luck!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:17 PM

I think that if someone can smell your breath so can the deer. I use a full face camo mask that is in my scent safe bag with some earth dryer sheets. this covers it a little, also i dont drink coffee or something strong smelling in the morning. Also eating something like apples or something sweet may help cover your coffee or cig breath.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Vanishing hunter by Hawgslimited buckfever synthetics might be the only scent eliminator spray that I have heard of that can and is recommended to use in your mouth. My brother (below) and I use it on every whitetail bowhunt by spraying down and always spray it in my mouth, swish it around and it leaves your mouth clean and scent free. www.hawgslimited.com Kevins products work

Old 10-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Birdhunter1, Beat me to it. I use to take a shot of homemade tinks 69 everymorning.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:06 AM

I gargle with baking soda and water for about 30 seconds and then drink a little water to get rid of the salty flavor.
Stryker777
Old 10-06-2004, 04:54 AM

C'mon, if a deer is close enough to smell your breath, shouldn't he have an arrow in him? This topic always blows my mind.

I knew a guy once who tried to market a line of clorophyl gum. He could never come up with anything that supported his claim that deer smell his bad breath. He never marketed it and eventually gave it up. Tasted good though!

To my knowledge, not one of my friends or acquaintances has ever spooked a deer by exhaling. Some of their breath is pretty nasty even without coffee.

Not something I'll ever pay any attention to.

Greg

Quick Reply: Your odor from that mouth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.