HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Your odor from that mouth (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/74957-your-odor-mouth.html)

mahoningbuck 10-05-2004 08:12 PM

Your odor from that mouth

I have been hearing people talk about there morning activities before they hunt and everyone talks about the negative apects of coffee on the breathe! I think it is fine if you eat an apple or two after the drink. Anyone else practice that trick. It works for me and my mouth doesnt have that I just licked an ashtray and rinsed it down with a bucket of java taste. Apples, they work, thanks Johnny Appleseed!

JeramyK 10-05-2004 08:21 PM

RE: Your odor from that mouth

I admit this is probably my worst issue when it comes to scent control. I really pay little attention to my breath. I frequently go out with coffee breath.

Kelly/KY 10-05-2004 08:47 PM

I always take some wintergreen or speramint gum. Its doesn't smell of human nearly as bad as diet coke and a pop tart.....lol

birdhunter1 10-05-2004 08:54 PM

Just gargle with a little Tinks 69 and you should be good to go all morning.[:'(]

CLOUD 9, MN 10-05-2004 09:03 PM

I'll have to try that birdhunter1 !

Good Luck!

bearmersch 10-05-2004 10:17 PM

I think that if someone can smell your breath so can the deer. I use a full face camo mask that is in my scent safe bag with some earth dryer sheets. this covers it a little, also i dont drink coffee or something strong smelling in the morning. Also eating something like apples or something sweet may help cover your coffee or cig breath.

shed33 10-06-2004 12:30 AM

Vanishing hunter by Hawgslimited buckfever synthetics might be the only scent eliminator spray that I have heard of that can and is recommended to use in your mouth. My brother (below) and I use it on every whitetail bowhunt by spraying down and always spray it in my mouth, swish it around and it leaves your mouth clean and scent free. www.hawgslimited.com Kevins products work

cardeer 10-06-2004 01:34 AM

Birdhunter1, Beat me to it. I use to take a shot of homemade tinks 69 everymorning.

Stryker777 10-06-2004 04:06 AM

I gargle with baking soda and water for about 30 seconds and then drink a little water to get rid of the salty flavor.
Stryker777

Gryan 10-06-2004 04:54 AM

C'mon, if a deer is close enough to smell your breath, shouldn't he have an arrow in him? This topic always blows my mind.

I knew a guy once who tried to market a line of clorophyl gum. He could never come up with anything that supported his claim that deer smell his bad breath. He never marketed it and eventually gave it up. Tasted good though!

To my knowledge, not one of my friends or acquaintances has ever spooked a deer by exhaling. Some of their breath is pretty nasty even without coffee.

Not something I'll ever pay any attention to.

Greg