Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hang bow or keep in hand? >

Hang bow or keep in hand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hang bow or keep in hand?

Old 10-05-2004, 08:29 PM

Default RE: Hang bow or keep in hand?

i hang mine with an EZ hanger...that way i can call and grab stuff from my day pack easily. hasnt been a problem yet, havent get spotted. i usually have it in my hand if i hear something approaching though. not taking any chances.

slayer
Old 10-05-2004, 08:36 PM

Hold it in my hand with the release on it the whole time.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:23 PM

I hang my bow. It is on an Ez-hanger so it is right at my hand when i stand. This allows my hands free to make calls and use binocs easier. If i see a deer i first check it out with the binocs, then slowly stand and grab the bow. If a deer snuck up on me i would be in trouble. I think its up to you and what your preferances are.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:31 PM

It hangs on a branch I cut off just to my right. Easy to get to, arrow can stay nocked. Although I usually do pick it up and hold it for the last hour or so.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:08 PM

I ussually do both except I have a bowholder that I mounted onto my treestand. It puts the bow at a perfect distance so you could just pick it up with out any noise or excessive movement. When it gets to be that time that the deer start moving, I'll pick it up and put it on my lap.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Some of both and use a screw in hook from he hardwars store.I have been busted reaching for my bow before.Now I take a real hard look before grabbing my bow.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:46 PM

I typically have my bow laying acrossed my lap of right in front of me standing in my bowholder I have mount on my climber base.
If I was smart I would always be standing with my bow in hand ready to shoot. Early last season I missed a chance at a BIG 8pt that came trotting through directly under my stand and kept on going. I never even had a chance to get off my ass or even touch my bow.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

Most every deer or critter I have ever killed, I killed sitting.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I always hold mine...

...but then again I am not wearing ASAT so maybe that has something to do with it....

...sorry Rob, had to take the jab....

Seriously though, I have been busted more than a few times when trying to reach for a bow once a deer was noticed...probably because they are always too close by the time I notice them.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:58 AM

I keep it in hand.

Quick Reply: Hang bow or keep in hand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.