Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hang bow or keep in hand? >

Hang bow or keep in hand?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hang bow or keep in hand?

Old 10-07-2004, 08:02 AM

Default RE: Hang bow or keep in hand?

I do a little of both.Depends on the situation for me. If I'm hunting thicker cover, I try to keep my bow in hand because deer tend to pop up and dissappear quickly especially in early season before the leaves fall. I'll also hang my bow when I feel confident that I can spot any deer before it comes into range.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:35 PM

I usually hang my bow. It just seems more comfortable having my bow hanged and giving me the freedom to move freely. During the closing hours, I usually keep my bow in my hands.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:29 PM

Hang it. Usually off a tree step that is located high and behind me on the left side. Never had a problem just reach back and get it when needed.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:43 PM

I hold it for awhile after first light and then again before dark but all other times it hangs. It can wear on you to have to hold on to it all the time. Try hanging it awhile and see how much more comfortable you are in the stand. It can also make your hand cold in the winter. I like to keep my hands in my pockets or muffler when it's cold out.