Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT on TV

Old 10-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default ASAT on TV

Yesterday while watching a hunting show on the Mens channel. There were 3 guys just sitting on a hill side talking shop. One was wearing ASAT and the other 2 in Realtree or something similar. The ASAT blended with the back ground really well the other 2 looked like a dark blob sitting there. This is the first time I have seen any one wearing it on a hunting show.

When I can afford a set of ASAT, I can assure you I will be buying it.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:44 PM

Default RE: ASAT on TV

Old 10-03-2004, 02:50 PM

it is almost identical to predator camo the exact same patterns and it is the absolute best camo out there. realtree is crap if you compare the two you will surely see that realtree makes you look like a blob and doesn't really break your out line up. put it this way if realtree is really good as teamrealtree says it is then why doesn't the arm wear it its because they know that it is crap. not trying to put anyone who likes /wears it down put really compare the to side by side in the bush and I am willing to bet you will make the switch.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:07 PM

realtree is crap if you compare the two you will surely see that realtree makes you look like a blob and doesn't really break your out line up.
I'm not one to argue () but I think that whole statement is crap. It all depends on where you hunt. Take Washington for instance. The Evergreen State. Pine trees. I wear Realtree Hardwoods Green HD and it blends in perfectly. Put something up there that is an "open" pattern and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Hunting a state with mainly open trees where in the fall you'll have a lot of sky showing in the background something like ASAT would work fine. It all depends on when and where you hunt. To say one pattern is crap is...well...crap IMO.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

It all depends on where you hunt. Take Washington for instance. The Evergreen State. Pine trees. I wear Realtree Hardwoods Green HD and it blends in perfectly. Put something up there that is an "open" pattern and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Hunting a state with mainly open trees where in the fall you'll have a lot of sky showing in the background something like ASAT would work fine. It all depends on when and where you hunt.
Actually, No it doesn't...I will challenge you on that one. I've worn ASAT for probably more years than anyone on this forum other than the Creative Director to ASAT himself, Chuck. When ASAT was hard to come by I bought Realtree, I bought some Mossy Oak and I bought Predator camo.....and I'm telling you right now, I've never seen more deer while wearing any other camo than while wearing ASAT....that alone to me reassures why I wear it. Plain and simple it makes you invisible to game. Game see much differently than we do, that's common sense right....so while you think RTHD blends in perfectly, I'd bet to an animals eyes...that isn't so, at least as so as ASAT would. I've worn ASAT in conifer trees such as Pine and my favorite stand is in a White Pine.. I don't care if your in a green lush forest, white birch, pines, evergreens, or palm trees, ASAT will conceal you better than any other camo out there. Period. I know most of you want to defend your camo choices...good for you and you probably should however until you wear ASAT, you'll never understand.

When I shot my bull elk, I was on one knee is the greenest most lush forest you can find....I was in a wide opening amounst all the trees and at 33 yards with absolute no cover between me and my bull, the bull actually stretched his neck out to look past me toward wear my guide was calling some 20 yards behind me.....The bull never knew I was there dispite me kneeling what seemed to me like the middle of a parking lot...and that's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to me and my experiences with ASAT....and I can't say that about the other so called camo's....yeah they'll work from time to time and in most instances but I know my ASAT will work when the others wouldn't have...been there, done that. I won't say my Hoyt bow is the best on the market, I won't say my Ol'man treestand is the best on the market, I won't say my Muzzy's are the best on the market, I won't say it about my truck, my choice of scent eliminators, my choice of boots, knife, fletcher etc......but I will say my ASAT camo is the best camo on the market bar none. .