Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 difficult hunting partners >

difficult hunting partners

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

difficult hunting partners

Old 10-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default difficult hunting partners

this is odd situation for me, a family member who when i was younger took me hunting and fishing suddenly knows everything, you can say something and this person still has to interject something, fishing or hunting or anything for that matter, he has caught a lot of fish and killed many deer, but he likes to be in charge all the time, and i have done ok fishing money wise and have killed more and bigger deer than he has, but he always has to throw his 2 cents in, in the past 5 years i have taken him fishing kind of to repay him, but every move i make he'll say why don't we do this, we should have done this, what about over there, same with deer hunting, and he's got a bigmouth and you can't tell him what you've seen till after you have scored or the seasons over, you can't tell him anything that he dosen't know something about, kind of like the old saying "nobody likes a know-it-all" but he is family and he is a damn good guy but he is driving me nuts, anybody got an idea of how to handle this type person w/o hurting feelings or the relationship?
Old 10-01-2004, 11:06 PM

Default RE: difficult hunting partners

Sounds like a guy i used to know.He has calmed down quite a bit since one of my other friends busted him in the nose.Got any friends like that?
Old 10-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

You dont have any kids do you?

There is a switch inside your head located behind your right ear. Just push the switch when he starts talking. It allows everything he says to go in one ear and out the other. Think of that when he starts talking and you'll grin inside and then just accept him for who he is!
Old 10-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey bowfanatic, i guess that is probably the best thing i can do, but is getting old, my cousin, his son has even noticed it, we all call him hardhead and he just laughs, btw i don't have these kind of problems with my kids, and shish were both decent size guys and his new nickname is hardhead so i don't know how effective the shot to the snoz would be plus i'd hate tellin everybody a 60 yr old man whooped my butt. like i said i like to repay him for the things he has done for me and my cousins, but sometimes i just want to poop in my hands and rub it in my hair, because after that you know it cant get any worse[:@]
Old 10-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

sometimes i just want to poop in my hands and rub it in my hair, because after that you know it cant get any worse
Sounds like your talking from experience.[:'(]

Hows that working for ya?
Old 10-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Hands, don't let this give you ulcers. Family, friends, they are all the same when it comes down to it. Don't let this ruin a relationship. I say this from experience. I lost my best hunting buddy of 21 years over a stupid girl argument thing. (Don't ask). Point is, like bowfanatic said, let it go through your head and don't hold on to it. You know what is right and where the fish and deer are so who cares what he has to say at that point, unless you can learn. He'll one day realize that he needs to shut his trapper, until then, let it roll off like the perverbial drop of water on the duck's back my friend.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:53 PM

M.T., I see you have obviously been hunting with my father-in-law...
Old 10-02-2004, 11:39 PM

Sounds like he might feel a little threatened by you now... as your mentor when growing up it seems like he is having trouble letting go of that relationship and is not accepting the fact that you have grown up and perhaps know a bit more than he does/ learned more than what he showed you so to speak .....i.e. the student surpasses the teacher scenario....... maybe if you paly a little clueless on something and let him give his 2 cents on that matter it might make him fell better or if he doesn't ever accept the changes from a young kid growing up and learning on his own he might never change...so just learn to accept him for who he is or hit that proverbial switch and let it roll off your shoulders
Old 10-03-2004, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanks guys the day i had posted this i had spent all daaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy with him, not a good idea, but after thinking about it i'll do like just about everybody has mentioned, water off a ducks back, and i'll still kill three 0r four days fishing narrow water in the heat of the summer with him, for his enjoyment, plus like my wife said all this is temporary and some day i won't have this burden, kind of changed my whole outlook on the situation, thanks again for the responses
Old 10-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

just send him a link to this discussion and be done with it.

Quick Reply: difficult hunting partners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.